Seaton Subs for various large speakers??

NMMark1962

Jun 29, 2013
Santa Fe, NM
Howdy,

I was just wondering if you have built custom subs for speakers like Focal's Grande Utopia EM's, Rockport's Arrakis, Wilson Alexandria XLF's etc?? I know that both Focal and Wilson sell the Sub Utopia EM and Thor's Hammer (respectively) but what about for Rockport's Arrakis??

MANY thanks,

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
One shouldn't look at the Submersive as puny subs ... They are superior performers. THe price may fool someinto thinking that they are merely good subwoofers . They are not... Ask those who own them. They may not have the audiophile cachet of the Thor Hammer but they should be judged on their performance and its excellent. The man who designs and makes them knows a thing or two about subwoofers.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
I wouldn't trade my Submersives for any other subs. I have 2 and as soon as finances permit I will acquire 2 more. I use the JBL BassQ with my subs.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I own four of them and I, like Ron, would not trade them for any other sub at any price. They are that good. For both music and movies. Easily, one of the very best investments in audio gear I have ever made in the over 40 years and I have been in this hobby.

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
Howdy,

I was just wondering if you have built custom subs for speakers like Focal's Grande Utopia EM's, Rockport's Arrakis, Wilson Alexandria XLF's etc?? I know that both Focal and Wilson sell the Sub Utopia EM and Thor's Hammer (respectively) but what about for Rockport's Arrakis??

MANY thanks,

Hi Mark,

I just caught and responded to your e-mail after I caught up from the holiday weekend. Good to see you got some great responses and info here.

As mentioned in my e-mail there are few options depending on your room, expectations and timeline. Get me some more info and we'll see what makes the most sense.

I know you had asked elsewhere about the Rockports. The system pictured in the other thread is local to me here in the Chicago area. The owner is a bit busier now with a new baby in the house, but a listen might be possible if you can't find one elsewhere. The room is a little tight for optimal sound, but they are still very impressive.

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
I wouldn't trade my Submersives for any other subs. I have 2 and as soon as finances permit I will acquire 2 more. I use the JBL BassQ with my subs.

Hey Ron,

Thank you for the praise of the SubMersives. I owe you an e-mail and sit tight, as I will soon have a nice option to allow you to make that acquisition of 2 more a little easier. :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing