Artesania Racks??

NMMark1962

Jun 29, 2013
Santa Fe, NM
Hey all, anyone here ever use these racks? This brand is one of a few (Stillpoints ESS, HRS SRX and SRA) audio racks I am interested in. They look nice and I saw a number of rooms at the Munich show that used them (though I saw a lot of the ESS and HRS)....

Are they any good or should I stick with my three primary racks??

Many thanks,

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have not auditioned the racks, but i have auditioned (and now own) 3 of their Damping plates...tremendous and they compare well to the largest of the double-thickness HRS Damping Plates. Probably equally good. I do think they are serious contenders in the league of the names you mentioned.

Bill Demars

Apr 28, 2010
East Greenbush, N.Y.
www.beautyofsound.com
Hey all, anyone here ever use these racks? This brand is one of a few (Stillpoints ESS, HRS SRX and SRA) audio racks I am interested in. They look nice and I saw a number of rooms at the Munich show that used them (though I saw a lot of the ESS and HRS)....

Many thanks,

I used the Artesania rack at this year's New York Audio Show. The unit was on loan from the distributor Brett Messler of Audio202.com. The rack from a practical perspective was outstanding. It was incredibly easy to adjust for level. You use an allen key in the base of the leg to do the adjusting. We were using a turntable so we used the turntable platform that has three layers of glass that creates a sturdy platform for your table. There was ample room for our big turntable.
It doesn't use shelves (although you can use them if you wish) but uses isolation discs and soft pads that contact the component. There are steel frames that move in and out so you can put virtually any component on them.
We were getting incredibly spooky quiet lp playback at the show. My friends and I have never heard replay that quiet. We had various conditioners in the system including one from Paul Kaplan of Kaplan Kables and one from Rick Schultz of High Fidelity that was contributing to this, but the rack must have been helping as well.
I liked the rack so much, I am considering taking the line on in my shop.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Many thanks,

Hi...I love Stillpoints, HRS and Artesania. I have heard the 3 racks before...but never in the same room. They do all make a difference, that is for sure...moving equipment around onto/off these is not subtle. And it is the kind of difference that takes the performance of a piece of equipment from, say, 85 to 105...it can be that big just by proper isolation.

Personally, I have not bought one though might someday. Instead, I have created 'isolation sandwiches' for each and every box in my system...8 in all including amp and Sub...plus Stillpoints 5 under my Wilson X1s...and there is not chance I would give any one of the isolation sandwiches up....the equipment will go before the sandwiches do.

What are my sandwiches comprised of? HRS, Stillpoints and Artesania. Specifically:

- Underneath: HRS M3 or Nimbus/couplers or Stillpoints 5.
- On Top: Stillpoints/HRS dampers/Artesania dampers...sometimes 3-5 on top.

So to a degree, I have put my money where my mouth is on these 3 brands...they are all great. sorry not to be able to provide specific a/b of the racks, but I can say all these brands really do the job. I have heard all the racks and appreciated what they do...just not in the same room for a shoot-out. would be very surprised if you would be disappointed for having bought one of them. I know several who own various ones of these...not one has regretted it.

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
I would add Critical Mass to that contender list. Their MAXXUM racks challenge the best from HRS.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Philip O'Hanlon, a member here, is now the USA Distributor for Artesania Racks. I was at his house last week and saw many of the racks under his gear.Very impressive indeed and definitely not inexpensive

I am also understanding that when TechDas releases their new and anticipated Air Force Zero turntable, it will come with a custom Artesania rack made for the AF Zero

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
How much are we talking? Expensive like normal High-Fi stuff or unobtainable unless one is in the top 10%? Cool about the AF Zero TT!

Tom

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
10-4

Tom

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Philip O'Hanlon, a member here, is now the USA Distributor for Artesania Racks. I was at his house last week and saw many of the racks under his gear.Very impressive indeed and definitely not inexpensive

I am also understanding that when TechDas releases their new and anticipated Air Force Zero turntable, it will come with a custom Artesania rack made for the AF Zero

Très cher

They also have these most interesting metal discs of different sizes that are meant to sit on top of components

Those damping plates are great imho Steve. I use a bunch, and for the money, incredibly good. I think they are the equivalent of the double thickness extra long HRS DX Damper Plates...and Artesania plates are smaller. I have been told their racks are also great, though i have heard truly remarkable things about Critical Mass, so in your case, may just a nice to know on the racks. That said, you might have fun with the plates on top of various different components...no doubt Philip will have good advice as usual.

Steve Williams

Those damping plates are great imho Steve. I use a bunch, and for the money, incredibly good. I think they are the equivalent of the double thickness extra long HRS DX Damper Plates...and Artesania plates are smaller. I have been told their racks are also great, though i have heard truly remarkable things about Critical Mass, so in your case, may just a nice to know on the racks. That said, you might have fun with the plates on top of various different components...no doubt Philip will have good advice as usual.

I will be at Philip's house this evening

The damping plates did solidify his sound since I last heard it. They are from small to huge in size.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I will be at Philip's house this evening

The damping plates did solidify his sound since I last heard it. They are from small to huge in size.

I wonder if there is ANY space on the top of your magnificent amps for these? I have the big discs, and use them in various areas and have not found a spot where they dont 'solidify' the sound as you say. Look forward to any further observations you may have about them. Enjoy the evening...

Steve Williams

I wonder if there is ANY space on the top of your magnificent amps for these? I have the big discs, and use them in various areas and have not found a spot where they dont 'solidify' the sound as you say. Look forward to any further observations you may have about them. Enjoy the evening...

Big evening with a black tie party in honor of Philips birthday. I'll let him tell you how many. I'm sure it'll be a great evening.

ACHiPo

Feb 22, 2015
Pleasanton, CA
How much are we talking? Expensive like normal High-Fi stuff or unobtainable unless one is in the top 10%? Cool about the AF Zero TT!

Tom

From a Six Moons review...
Review Component Retail: €7.600 tandem three tier + €1.950 top glass shelf as reviewed (single 3-tier €4.550, single 4-tier €5.462, optional small glass shelves free). These prices exclude VAT and shipping and will thus vary by country

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/artesania/1.html

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Big evening with a black tie party in honor of Philips birthday. I'll let him tell you how many. I'm sure it'll be a great evening.

Hi Steve,

Did you have any thoughts on Artesania and particularly the big damping plates after this event?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing