Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artesania Racks??

Artesania Racks??

Hey all, anyone here ever use these racks? This brand is one of a few (Stillpoints ESS, HRS SRX and SRA) audio racks I am interested in. They look nice and I saw a number of rooms at the Munich show that used them (though I saw a lot of the ESS and HRS)....

Are they any good or should I stick with my three primary racks??

Many thanks,

Addicted to Best!
    I have not auditioned the racks, but i have auditioned (and now own) 3 of their Damping plates...tremendous and they compare well to the largest of the double-thickness HRS Damping Plates. Probably equally good. I do think they are serious contenders in the league of the names you mentioned.

Excellent!!! MANY Thanks for your reply!!

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by NMMark1962 View Post
    Hey all, anyone here ever use these racks? This brand is one of a few (Stillpoints ESS, HRS SRX and SRA) audio racks I am interested in. They look nice and I saw a number of rooms at the Munich show that used them (though I saw a lot of the ESS and HRS)....

Many thanks,
    I used the Artesania rack at this year's New York Audio Show. The unit was on loan from the distributor Brett Messler of Audio202.com. The rack from a practical perspective was outstanding. It was incredibly easy to adjust for level. You use an allen key in the base of the leg to do the adjusting. We were using a turntable so we used the turntable platform that has three layers of glass that creates a sturdy platform for your table. There was ample room for our big turntable.
    It doesn't use shelves (although you can use them if you wish) but uses isolation discs and soft pads that contact the component. There are steel frames that move in and out so you can put virtually any component on them.
    We were getting incredibly spooky quiet lp playback at the show. My friends and I have never heard replay that quiet. We had various conditioners in the system including one from Paul Kaplan of Kaplan Kables and one from Rick Schultz of High Fidelity that was contributing to this, but the rack must have been helping as well.
    I liked the rack so much, I am considering taking the line on in my shop.
    Bill Demars
    www.beautyofsound.com
    Stillpoints; Entreq; The Memory Player; Ikeda Sound Labs; Bastanis; TubeGuru; Audio Desk Systeme; Leonardo Speakers; Extreme Audio Tourbillon turntable and cables

MANY thanks Bill....I appreciate the comments.....as such, it will stay on my list....

Cheers,

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by NMMark1962 View Post

Many thanks,
    Hi...I love Stillpoints, HRS and Artesania. I have heard the 3 racks before...but never in the same room. They do all make a difference, that is for sure...moving equipment around onto/off these is not subtle. And it is the kind of difference that takes the performance of a piece of equipment from, say, 85 to 105...it can be that big just by proper isolation.

Personally, I have not bought one though might someday. Instead, I have created 'isolation sandwiches' for each and every box in my system...8 in all including amp and Sub...plus Stillpoints 5 under my Wilson X1s...and there is not chance I would give any one of the isolation sandwiches up....the equipment will go before the sandwiches do.

What are my sandwiches comprised of? HRS, Stillpoints and Artesania. Specifically:

- Underneath: HRS M3 or Nimbus/couplers or Stillpoints 5.
    - On Top: Stillpoints/HRS dampers/Artesania dampers...sometimes 3-5 on top.

So to a degree, I have put my money where my mouth is on these 3 brands...they are all great. sorry not to be able to provide specific a/b of the racks, but I can say all these brands really do the job. I have heard all the racks and appreciated what they do...just not in the same room for a shoot-out. would be very surprised if you would be disappointed for having bought one of them. I know several who own various ones of these...not one has regretted it.

I would add Critical Mass to that contender list. Their MAXXUM racks challenge the best from HRS.

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Philip O'Hanlon, a member here, is now the USA Distributor for Artesania Racks. I was at his house last week and saw many of the racks under his gear.Very impressive indeed and definitely not inexpensive

I am also understanding that when TechDas releases their new and anticipated Air Force Zero turntable, it will come with a custom Artesania rack made for the AF Zero
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

How much are we talking? Expensive like normal High-Fi stuff or unobtainable unless one is in the top 10%? Cool about the AF Zero TT!

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Très cher

They also have these most interesting metal discs of different sizes that are meant to sit on top of components
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast