Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Artesania Racks??

10-4

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Philip O'Hanlon, a member here, is now the USA Distributor for Artesania Racks. I was at his house last week and saw many of the racks under his gear.Very impressive indeed and definitely not inexpensive

I am also understanding that when TechDas releases their new and anticipated Air Force Zero turntable, it will come with a custom Artesania rack made for the AF Zero
    Très cher

They also have these most interesting metal discs of different sizes that are meant to sit on top of components

Those damping plates are great imho Steve. I use a bunch, and for the money, incredibly good. I think they are the equivalent of the double thickness extra long HRS DX Damper Plates...and Artesania plates are smaller. I have been told their racks are also great, though i have heard truly remarkable things about Critical Mass, so in your case, may just a nice to know on the racks. That said, you might have fun with the plates on top of various different components...no doubt Philip will have good advice as usual.
    Speaker: Wilson X1 + Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: CJ GAT2 + Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable: TA Opus Gen5&MM2 + PAD 25th Sablon GCUber
    Isolation Sandwiches: Under: HRS.Stillpoints.Auralex Top: HRS.Artesania.Entreq.EAT.90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground&Shield: 7 x 16A Furutech . Burmester948 . NordostQX4 / Tripoint Troy Sig+Thor . Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex.Mullard
    Headphone: Sennheiser 650 . Arcam rHead . ApogeeGroove

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by LL21 View Post
    Those damping plates are great imho Steve. I use a bunch, and for the money, incredibly good. I think they are the equivalent of the double thickness extra long HRS DX Damper Plates...and Artesania plates are smaller. I have been told their racks are also great, though i have heard truly remarkable things about Critical Mass, so in your case, may just a nice to know on the racks. That said, you might have fun with the plates on top of various different components...no doubt Philip will have good advice as usual.
    I will be at Philip's house this evening

The damping plates did solidify his sound since I last heard it. They are from small to huge in size.
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    International Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Addicted to Best!
    I will be at Philip's house this evening

The damping plates did solidify his sound since I last heard it. They are from small to huge in size.
    I wonder if there is ANY space on the top of your magnificent amps for these? I have the big discs, and use them in various areas and have not found a spot where they dont 'solidify' the sound as you say. Look forward to any further observations you may have about them. Enjoy the evening...
    Isolation Sandwiches: Under: HRS.Stillpoints.Auralex Top: HRS.Artesania.Entreq.EAT.90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground&Shield: 7 x 16A Furutech . Burmester948 . NordostQX4 / Tripoint Troy Sig+Thor . Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap

Quote Originally Posted by LL21 View Post
    I wonder if there is ANY space on the top of your magnificent amps for these? I have the big discs, and use them in various areas and have not found a spot where they dont 'solidify' the sound as you say. Look forward to any further observations you may have about them. Enjoy the evening...
    Big evening with a black tie party in honor of Philips birthday. I'll let him tell you how many. I'm sure it'll be a great evening.
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    International Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    How much are we talking? Expensive like normal High-Fi stuff or unobtainable unless one is in the top 10%? Cool about the AF Zero TT!

Tom
    From a Six Moons review...
    Review Component Retail: €7.600 tandem three tier + €1.950 top glass shelf as reviewed (single 3-tier €4.550, single 4-tier €5.462, optional small glass shelves free). These prices exclude VAT and shipping and will thus vary by country

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/artesania/1.html

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! dallasjustice's Avatar

Thumbs up In Black

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  100.3 KB
    MUSIC IS GOOD

Addicted to Best!
    Big evening with a black tie party in honor of Philips birthday. I'll let him tell you how many. I'm sure it'll be a great evening.
    Hi Steve,

Did you have any thoughts on Artesania and particularly the big damping plates after this event?

I don't Lloyd based on that evening as we were all partying
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12