Rockport Technologies System III Sirius turntable & arm + Lyra Olympos - I need help

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
It was very sad to Hear that Roysen had died recently after battling with his illness. He will always be remembered by myself as a very enthusiastic audiophile who really followed this passion to the maximum.

Very sad, I wasn't aware...

108CY

May 4, 2013
Very sad, I wasn't aware...

Very sad indeed, I know quite a few audiophiles in Norway who conveyed the news to me. That is why there is a Rockport turntable for sale on Audiogon it is the one he had agreed to purchase but never took delivery due to the illness.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What happened to the audio assets Roy had collected over the years?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
What happened to the audio assets Roy had collected over the years?

Hopefully to someone in his immediate family who was into hi Fi, otherwise I am sure they will be auctioned/sold via a broker once estate is settled. I think about the end game and what to do with my media and equipment.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Lol...I most likely will have instructions for my estate to pay 30% of the sold value to a qualified agent/broker so to speak. Selling the Ferrari won't be so hard. ;)

Christian,

I really don't understand why you can't leave the car to David. After all, why should you care? You'll be dead...

...unless the said car is what makes you dead.

(logic at work) :D

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Christian,

I really don't understand why you can't leave the car to David. After all, why should you care? You'll be dead...

...unless the said car is what makes you dead!

(logic at work) :D

Exactly what I was thinking Win!

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
First of all very sad to hear this about roysen .

Secondly i thought this audiophile hobby was all about relaxation and peace of mind ;)next best thing to yoga

Yeah, but this is a high stress hobby, look what it did to Peter!

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing