Apr 20, 2010
New York City

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
More tape availability.....

View attachment 23823

Gary,

It really was a great pleasure listening to Anne Bisson explain the origins of her Blue Mind album at Steve Williams' home on Saturday evening. She was utterly enchanting. This is a v. nicely recorded album, it sounded wonderful in Steve's room. Its great to see modern recordings becoming available on tape.

Thanks for sharing,
Philip

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
got my Hemiolia Records master tape on wednesday
2 days with DHL!
very nice triorecording with fab sound!
and the Italians sure know how to present their products

wheres my picture?

Reactions: Philip O Hanlon

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
got my Hemiolia Records master tape on wednesday
2 days with DHL!
very nice triorecording with fab sound!
and the Italians sure know how to present their products

great leif , which recording/label is in your opinion the best

my " NUMBER ONE" is still my mastertape piano recordings some have some noise some less , but who cares digital my ass ;) in absolute terms

other commercial tapes are off course master duplicates of some sort

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
It would not be fair to point out one source, this is definitely one of the best balanced sounding tapes of recent recordings
some of my collections favourites
of recently recorded music
all the tapes from Ed
all from Open reel
Yarlung
some from tape projects LM sidewinder and TM Brilliant corners and Sonny R Tenor madness...probably more

vintage stuff
FZ Joes Garage
TW nighthawk at the diner
Chick Corea My spanish heart
BeatlesAbbey road
PF Dark side of the moon and the wall
Illinois Jaquet swings the thing
Mingus Ah Um
Haendels Messiah StMartin in the fields; Neville Marriner and Elly Ameling
FRitz Reiner
MD Kind of Blue and Some day my prince will come
Ella Clap hands her come charlie
Jimi H axis is wild!
JC Adderley. something else....

also
Nat King Cole story
Belafonte in Carnegie Hall 1959
RLJ POP-POP

Last edited:

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I still continue my quest on getting two tapes each from all the manufacturers, it is going slow and expensive. It is hard and costly to import these kind of stuff to Turkey... I just ordered two tapes from Jonathan from International Phonographic. His Jazz Sampler 2 and Von Freeman direct copy. I am quite excited about these tapes!

ps. I still could not get tapes from Tape Project, Opus3 Records, Open Reel Records and STS digital. I want to have two at least from them as well because I am trying to set up a small tape club down here.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Hemlo
Did you not get my OpenReel recommendations?
Best
Leif

They are next on line to get Christian. I do not prefer choral works so I plan on getting your other two recommendations. Enrico Dindo and possibly the Monk tapes.

Last edited:

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
No, I couldn't. Their website only uses paypal for payment and it does not work in Turkey. I have emailed them about the problem but I got no replies.

Meanwhile I got a few more tapes like Armstrong plays WC Handy and Monk's Dream for I was already looking at a Monk reel from openreel. They are on their way.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Well, PP and Turkish government had a fallout about a year and a half ago. They were asked to open offices and pay taxes here which they did not want to do, so they were banned from doing money transactions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing