What's Best In Video Tutorials-New Forum Created

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
What's Best In Video Tutorials Forum

Hello everyone. It is our pleasure to introduce the latest addition to our What’s Best Forum: What's Best In Video Tutorials. From start, our goal for WBF has been to have strong focus on education and science behind our beloved hobbies. While incredible amount of knowledge exists in the text and graphics on the site, we wanted to leverage the work of others, namely in the form of published online videos.

You may be thinking of sites as Youtube as places where you go watch music videos and funny clips. But there is also a wealth of knowledge based videos that are unfortunately drowned in all that noise. Our goal is to use the collective power of all of our members to find the educational videos among the sea of clips there and bring them to the attention of the rest of the forum. Focus should be on longer form, in-depth videos akin to taking a university class in that topic. That said, shorter clips are fine too as long as they have insightful content.

To show the quality of the videos that exists, we have populated the forum with a few clips to set the tone. See the forum here: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/forumdisplay.php?323-What-s-Best-In-Video-Tutorials. Note that anyone can post videos and comment on the ones already posted. We hope to count on you to help make this the best index library of technical and informational articles anywhere on the web! I hope after watching the few clips there you realize the immense value we see in them.

The categories we picked there are tentative to get member feedback. Please feel free to comment in this thread if there are other topics of interest. Note that if you suggest one, we would be looking to you to at least find a few clips to post there :) .

Thank you as always for your support of WBF Forum.

Sincerely,
Your admin team

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hope you have fun watching the content we have already procured for you. You may want to read this post on how to optimize your experience: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?11140-Tips-for-viewing-of-these-videos

Please provide feedback to us on what you think of the idea.

We are also looking for "curators" who take on specific subforums and help find nice videos to post there and monitor to make sure what is posted there is of high quality. Some of you are subject matters in the specific areas so we are hoping you will volunteer :).

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
This will be cool. Thanks Amir, Thanks Steve.

We have several videos that are instructional, in fact I just edited today "how to set up a Kuzma 4Point arm." I'll post where and when appropriate if we have tutorial or instructional videos.

Please remember that the best way to optimize the video viewing experience is to listen through headphones. Laptops are designed to save weight and have audio/speaker systems designed for voice only. Also, it's unfortunate that many instructional videos have low resolutions. But there are some gems as Amir and Steve have discovered.

Topics I'd like to see more of:
Room correction done right
Basic amplifier topology
Loudspeaker design theory
Reading a schematic...like

Hope you have fun watching the content we have already procured for you. You may want to read this post on how to optimize your experience: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?11140-Tips-for-viewing-of-these-videos

We are also looking for "curators" who take on specific subforums and help find nice videos to post there and monitor to make sure what is posted there is of high quality. Some of you are subject matters in the specific areas so we are hoping you will volunteer :).

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

It says I don't have access to viewing the post you provided?

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I just did....everything's A-OK! Thanks!

I love this idea and I have a feeling I'll be watching many of the videos to come.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks for the suggestions Peter. I created a thread on schematics, used that video plus another I found useful there.

BTW, the best use of these videos, i.e. how to make time to watch them, is while exercising! I use my phone, put it in landscape mode and watch a full-length video while exercising. It takes my mind off of the exercise and manage to both better my body and brain :). Time flies so fast that way since you are focusing on the video. With other types of content like entertainment, it doesn't work as well for me. And the nice thing about long format video is that it lasts the full length of your routine (which for me is 30 to 40 minutes plus cool down).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing