My All Time Favorite

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Having spent 35 years in the private practice of Ob/Gyn I spent countless sleepless nights and weekends. Although not a big coffee drinker it was important for me that the coffee I drank was not as thick as oil but had great taste, always fresh and providing super coffee aroma.

Like rsbeck I researched this one for weeks until I found the perfect coffee center. I have used the Jura Capresso Z5 (the Z6 is identical but with stainless finish for an additional $300)

Z5 is $3295

This is a truly automatic coffee center with a built in Burr grinder. Coffee selections can be programmed and individualized for each user with changes able to be made to coffee volume, fineness of grind, amount of coffee ground and whether you want the brew extra mild,mild, normal, strong or extra strong

The ground coffee is infused initially with steam which creates the crema on top of the coffee.

This one has been a workhorse in my house for the past 4 tears and would recommend it without reservation. The espresso is second to none and my kitchen in the morniong smells like walking into a Starbuck's

If there was a runer up on the list it was that made by the German company Miele which makes 4 different model varying between $2300-$3100. These units are meant more to be built into the kitchen cabinetry.

Jura-Capresso is a Swiss company with home office in New Jersey. Customer Service is second to none

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
I've heard great things about the Jura, but the Miele has been reported to leak quite frequently. Also, the cleaning of the parts is said to be a little tedious. The Jura is a far better choice IMO.

Lee

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
We installed the Miele coffee center and it looks good built into the cabinets and all -- and we're real happy with it, but I have to admit, it doesn't look as good as the Jura and doesn't offer as many features as the Jura. I am really impressed!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
of course. It just needs a cabinet designed so that it is high enough and deep enough to hold the unit with an AC outlet at the rear of the cabinet shelf. In fact Rob it might sit where your Miele is ow although IIRC the Capresso is a bigger unit

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Yeah, I don' think it would fit in the same slot. The Jura will have to be for our next house. It'll be the one I'll recommend when asked in the future.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
I've just joined the ranks of the Jura-fied and acquired the current top o' the line household model, the Z7:

So far I've only been using Illy and the espressos have been quite tasty. Not as good as a real espresso machine but then again the machine is extremely user friendly. Every morning I make ristretto, my son makes capuccino, and the boss, er, wife, makes regular coffee. My daughter... well, she hasn't yet acquired the taste.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
I had first acquired their newest model, the J9, with the color display in the front:

http://www.us.jura.com/home_us_x/products_home_use/j_line/impressa_j9.3.htm

Apparently Sur La Table has an exclusive on this one. Unfortunately it had some bugs and I actually not only returned the first one I bought but a second one as well. They wound up giving me the Z7 for the same price as the J9. The people at Sur La Table in Bezerkley were fantastic. They will have me as a repeat customer.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
How much does a latte a day cost on one of these puppies? and is the 1500/single spout version much different?

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Well, I had to return my last Jura. It was defective. All in all, I went through 3 Juras and all were defective. What's that expression... fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. So what is it when one is fooled 3 times?

I now have a real espresso machine and am in espresso heaven:

Tmij

Feb 22, 2012
Congrats on the Breville! For those that are considering semi-auto HX or double-boilers, check out this pricing features/comparison spreadsheet:

click

I made that last year so am not sure whether the prices have changed on some of the units but if you're in the market for one of these machines, that'll save you some time.

Greg_R

Jan 25, 2012
Well, I had to return my last Jura. It was defective. All in all, I went through 3 Juras and all were defective. What's that expression... fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. So what is it when one is fooled 3 times?

I now have a real espresso machine and am in espresso heaven:

Sorry to hear about the declining quality control on their upper end models. I have a Jura CoffeeTeam that has had a variety of problems... it seems to have spread!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing