Stage 3 Concept Power Cords

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Wait until you guys hear the new speaker cable medusa.. And also the analog cable

Thanks for the heads up ... This is good and not so good :D , anybody want to buy my 2.5mt Mantikor at a good price , haha . Couldn't find any information on the interconnect though .....

Maslaka , have you heard the Medusa , compared it to any other S/C ?

maslak34

I have had experience with transparent opus nordost Odin to name a few.. I will give you my findings very soon. But its like no other cable for sure

number95

May 14, 2014
Stage III cords finally arrived. Built quality and construction are amazing. Krakens are big, stiff, the size is comparable to Anacondas. I have no words for Leviathan though, as name implies it is a monster cable. I have attached some photos to compare Shunyata Ztron Anaconda and Stage III Leviathan to see massive size difference.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 755
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 640
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 768
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 649

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Levi is here !!! Juicing my Vitus SS101 ...... Inserted two days ago , so still some way to go to come to optimum . Initial impressions .... Supercharger , Turbocharger, Afterburners to ON !!! .

Soundstage has exploded , all enveloping , walls pushed further apart . It's akin to opening a sluice , just an unimpeded flow to delivery with power power , effortless power . So relaxed , yet so controlled with all the speed and slam you'd want .Haven't as yet put on my Classical hat , as tone is yet to fully develop .

My initial assessment may seem overtly excitable , or the initial euphoria of a new component inserted .... Not in the least , it conveys precisely what I am hearing and experiencing. Am confident that anybody trying the Levi on power hungry components ,will agree with me . Will evaluate it on my preamp , DAC in time to come .

Stage 3 have hit the ball out the park with this one , plain off the charts !

number95

May 14, 2014
Levi is here !!! Juicing my Vitus SS101 ...... Inserted two days ago , so still some way to go to come to optimum . Initial impressions .... Supercharger , Turbocharger, Afterburners to ON !!! .

Soundstage has exploded , all enveloping , walls pushed further apart . It's akin to opening a sluice , just an unimpeded flow to delivery with power power , effortless power . So relaxed , yet so controlled with all the speed and slam you'd want .Haven't as yet put on my Classical hat , as tone is yet to fully develop .

My initial assessment may seem overtly excitable , or the initial euphoria of a new component inserted .... Not in the least , it conveys precisely what I am hearing and experiencing. Am confident that anybody trying the Levi on power hungry components ,will agree with me . Will evaluate it on my preamp , DAC in time to come .

Stage 3 have hit the ball out the park with this one , plain off the charts !

Believe me I know what you mean and how you feel. I almost have exactly same observations. My two Leviathans are around 10 hours of usage as well as Krakens. I am sure they have more rooms of improvement perhaps until 300-400 hours. If your Leviathan is sitting over floor without a cable lifter, I recommend to use lifters. It makes a significant improvement, that also includes Krakens. Well, fitting Leviathan over Shunyata DF-SS was not easy, they weigh tons and ideal placement is trickier, weight distribution over lifters should be similar for optimum performance. These are my experiences at my system though. One may have his own views with cable lifters.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Believe me I know what you mean and how you feel. I almost have exactly same observations. My two Leviathans are around 10 hours of usage as well as Krakens. I am sure they have more rooms of improvement perhaps until 300-400 hours. If your Leviathan is sitting over floor without a cable lifter, I recommend to use lifters. It makes a significant improvement, that also includes Krakens. Well, fitting Leviathan over Shunyata DF-SS was not easy, they weigh tons and ideal placement is trickier, weight distribution over lifters should be similar for optimum performance. These are my experiences at my system though. One may have his own views with cable lifters.

Number95 .... Sitting here with a stupid grin plastered on my face , like holy wowww! Good to have some validation though . All my cables have been lifted , so covered on that front . Have the Entreq AC wraps on them at either end , try them if possible ... They work well .

Can one have too much Levi ?? This initial uptick on delivery cannot possibly be exponential , my room will not be able to handle it :p .

Last edited:

number95

May 14, 2014
Number95 .... Sitting here with a stupid grin plastered on my face , like holy wowww! Good to have some validation though . All my cables have been lifted , so covered on that front . Have the Entreq AC wraps on them at either end , try them if possible ... They work well .

Can one have too much Levi ?? This initial uptick on delivery cannot possibly be exponential , my room will not be able to handle it :p .

I am currently using Shunyata DF-SS which was amazingly good. But this is Leviathan we are talking about, it is damn heavy, DF-SS's stripe is heavily pushed down so I suspect its ideal performance might be in jeopardy due to Leviathan's extreme size. I will certainly try some other cable lifter options.

How many hours has your Leviathan breaking in now? Mines are at 15 hours.

Sammy T

Aug 30, 2012
Well... loaned out one of my Kraken power cords to a friend who just bought an Audio Research Ref 40 preamp. He was running a Tara Labs Cobalt power cord and was not that impressed with the sound of his new preamp. Changed out the power cord to my Stage 3 Kraken... he said it's the last cord he will ever need to ever buy!

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Changed out the power cord to my Stage 3 Kraken... he said it's the last cord he will ever need to ever buy!

That is until he tries the Leviathan :D

number95

May 14, 2014
Well... loaned out one of my Kraken power cords to a friend who just bought an Audio Research Ref 40 preamp. He was running a Tara Labs Cobalt power cord and was not that impressed with the sound of his new preamp. Changed out the power cord to my Stage 3 Kraken... he said it's the last cord he will ever need to ever buy!

He reminds me myself :)

Sammy T

Aug 30, 2012
Looks like the Leviathans cords are mostly being used for feeding A/C power strips and power amps.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Looks like the Leviathans cords are mostly being used for feeding A/C power strips and power amps.

I have managed to upgrade to all Levathan from source to power amp , except for my Gigawatt distributor which has its own cord with a neutricon connector . The Levi works well all around , each upgrade from Kraken has been illuminating ! Just got the last one for my pre , only pain is to endure the prolonged break in .

number95

May 14, 2014

One should consider enormous size and weight of Leviathan especially if considered to supply power for a source gear. Due to its massive weight, if connected to a source gear at a tall rack, the weight of the cord will make a strong pressure over cord connector of the gear. Also they can hardly be bent if space is limited, they are extremely sturdy. Did I mention huge cost and almost infinite burning in period? Well after all those, if one is really keen on them, these sea monsters will easily be the final power cords.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
How long was the break in on your source gear?

I try put the new one on the power amp , hoping for the larger current draw to help . Takes 350-400 hrs to stabilize and open out and gets better there on .

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I was just about to start a thread on Stage 3 Kraken power cords as I wasn't familiar with them and wanted to share my thoughts, thinking that others probably hadn't heard of them either.

Well I guess I was wrong! So let me add my voice to the chorus that these are the best power cords I have ever heard. They are very well balanced tonally, very clean sounding with good delineation of instruments in the sound stage.

Bravo!

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
I was just about to start a thread on Stage 3 Kraken power cords as I wasn't familiar with them and wanted to share my thoughts, thinking that others probably hadn't heard of them either.

Well I guess I was wrong! So let me add my voice to the chorus that these are the best power cords I have ever heard. They are very well balanced tonally, very clean sounding with good delineation of instruments in the sound stage.

Bravo!

Hi MadFloyd , as good as the Kraken are they pale in comparison, to big brother Leviathan . Do try compare given an opportunity .

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Hi MadFloyd , as good as the Kraken are they pale in comparison, to big brother Leviathan . Do try compare given an opportunity .

Given the price of the Leviathan, I'd be very scared to try them. Do you find them best on amps or sources?

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Amazing....Leviathan Power Cord
Retail: $14,500 1.5 meter, $4500 .5 meter add'l

Stage III Concepts

number95

May 14, 2014
Given the price of the Leviathan, I'd be very scared to try them. Do you find them best on amps or sources?

Hello Ian,

You may try one for the main a/c thru your line conditioner if you have. Or try it with the amps. Leviathan is certainly better than Kraken but in practical terms, it is heavier, bulkier than even a Kraken. It is indeed a 2.5x Kraken in a single jacket. If you have a tall rack for instance, it is almost impossible to use Leviathan with equipment at higher shelves as its massive weight will soon hurt and bend the a/c connector of any gear. Last but not the least, you need to experiment suitable cable lifters for Leviathans as direct contact to floor degrades performance to a certain level. Leviathan is also much more expensive. For most cases, I have found out that even a Kraken is certainly an overkill compared to many other cables that I tried. Leviathan when being used as main a/c connector between mains and conditioner or with current hungry power amps is certainly better than Kraken and perhaps justifies its material and practical costs depending on total value of the setup. Currently I have two Leviathans feeding Constellation Hercules II monos.

Hope these help.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing