A Music Lover from México.

silviajulieta

Jul 6, 2010
México city. rauliruegas@hotmail.com
Dear friends: That's what I'm: a music lover. I like digital but I'm more oriented to analog. As many of you my quest of " Audio heaven " is an endless " job " where I learn every day and where every audio/music day is exciting.

You can see here my home audio system: http://forums.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vdone&1115433273

When I don't find the commercial audio link that fullfill my trade offs then I intent to build it. That's where my Phonolinepreamps Essential 3160 comes ( DYS ) and my next tonearm too. If that convert me in a manufacturer then I'm. Really, I'm not a manufacturer. Be a manufacturer is a very high responsability in many critical areas that fortunately I don't have it yet.

I'm just like you: some made their own TT plinths, some made their own room treatment, some others made their own racks, some other made their own cables, me start with the PLP now I'm with a tonearm and on desk: cartridge, TT an amp. All designed/build according my own specific " needs " .

One " signature " on me is that I almost never tell you that something that is balck " is grey " only for you can smile. Normaly I say what I think are my believes and almost always on subjects that I already " live "/experienced.

My opinions are only that: an opinion just like any one else opinion.

I want to say thank you to Reginald ( Gregadd ) who was whom invite me to this forum.

An advise that works for me: " Be truer to the recording: loosing and adding the less to the audio signal. "

Kind regards,
Raul.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Thank you Raul. I'm glad to have you here and hope you can remain. I think others will appreciate your input if they put their ego on hold and listen to what you have to say.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
We are all looking to learn a lot from you Raul. Based on photos I have seen you are every bit as good as any manufacturer so no need to worry about that. We value your contributions and thanks to Greg for having invited you to become a member of our growing community. We value input from people with vast experience such as yours.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Thanks for the kind introduction. I also look forward to reading and learning.

To help: In America, we use DIY = Do It Yourself, not DYS. I believe that the language has caused confusion. Thanks for your patience.

Lee

silviajulieta

Jul 6, 2010
México city. rauliruegas@hotmail.com
Dear Ron, Steve, Lee: We all can learn joining other audio-music lovers at their places, we can learn talking face to face with those music lovers but I think that a forum like this ( with those high targets of its founders. ) permit that to the exchange of each one experiences ( good and bad ones, we learn from all. ) everyone could and can receive invaluable benefits because in a forum all those valuable experiences are " write on paper " and are treasury archives for everyone,it does not matters each one level, of course that's our each one privilege to take what are in interest for use it and let pass what is not.

Btw, sometimes and due mainly because not only don't have a wide English vocabulary but maybe more important because I don't realy know the USA day by day " means " of some words you could think that I'm " arrogant or the Bible ", please don't think in that way: I'm not that kind of person. Sometimes I can be " acid " but only trying to motivate on the thread subject to other people, so please don't take it as I'm really " acid ".

Thank you to all of you for your welcome! and thank you in advanace for your " patience " and understanding.

I don't want to leave this post with out say: Amir and Steve, Steve and Amir: congratulations for take this weigthy Flag, you are brave persons and I'm sure that with your " emotion " on the whole enterprise you will have greatness success in the long run that the one you already have!!!!!

regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.

Last edited:

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Silviajulieta,

I just read through your introduction and your link. Thank you for the very detailed descriptions plus the tweaks you have done. It was very educational for me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing