JPLAY Responds: An Open Letter

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I am so thankful to this fine organization, ASA. They've made it possible for me to not even use my own brain. Now, I can take comfort that I am being protected under the ASA watchful eye. I bet the ASA will prevent millions of Brits from losing their life savings on low cost audio tweaks. I feel better that the ASA "expert" has evaluated all claims made and determined that I need not think further on the subject.

I also want to thank ASA because they've now given low cost mass production hifi companies a real fighting chance to compete in the high end audio marketplace. I am certain those large multi-national electronics firms won't abuse this fine agency's power for their own benefit. :)

Now I can imagine ASA penalising Levinson or dCS for claiming their gear sounds superior to Radio Shack variety, since their 'expert' said all CDPs sound the same :) He could even prove that in a blind ABX test !

valkyrie

Sep 12, 2011
I will defend to the death the right of people to be absolutely stupid in their purchasing decisions - as long as no harm comes to innocent bystanders or the body politic.

I have a long time friend who buys "power cords", magic pieces of paper that you put on your CD (changes the sound he claims), and all kinds of utter nonsense (he used to have a TICE wall clock - it made his TV brighter and better (CRT at that). Fine by me - it does no harm and provides a form of employment to a legion of scam artists.

Caveat emptor. More power to the terminally stupid - they provide fantastic entertainment to everybody - absolutely free.

dmnc02

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2012
PA, USA

I have never tried JRiver and JPlay, so I have no opinion as to how they sound, but I must say that, having seen the erased JRiver threads on CA, I am definitely happy that there are excellent alternatives to JRiver on the Mac.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing