Would the KEF LS50 Speakers Be a Let Down?

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS
...Yes, female vocal and simple miking is heard a lot at shows- for good reason... less room node excitement.

I'm convinced it's because many of the systems would fall apart, when faced with complex music. I've heard it for myself countless times.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
For highend brand leaders that I've lately heard... I would consider a pair of Magico Q5s, MBL 101Es, Wilson Alexias, YG Sonja 1.2s, or Raidho D2s, they are all within price range of each other. Next (and downward in price) would be Maggie 20.7s, YG Carmels, Magico Q3, S1, and then to exotics. KEF Blade is an intriguing buy, that Audionet session was amazing, I would need more data points on the Blade... that session notwithstanding. There are many choices... TAD, Eventus, high marks as well.

Now he wants me to buy a pair!

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
For highend brand leaders that I've lately heard... I would consider a pair of Magico Q5s, MBL 101Es, Wilson Alexias, YG Sonja 1.2s, or Raidho D2s, they are all within price range of each other. Next (and downward in price) would be Maggie 20.7s, YG Carmels, Magico Q3, S1, and then to exotics. KEF Blade is an intriguing buy, that Audionet session was amazing, I would need more data points on the Blade... that session notwithstanding. There are many choices... TAD, Eventus, high marks as well.

All absolutely worthy contenders.

I also believe the Thiel CS3.7 is underpriced considering what I heard at price levels 10 to 20 grand more. It is taken for granted
and over looked by because of of its "low" price point for flagship status.

I believe Richard Vandersteen went upscale to attract buyers who bypassed his products because they were
not priced at acceptable levels for the high end.

From your list, the Q5, the Maggies, and the YG would be in the running for me.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

I guess the Genesis 5.3's at Bob's place impressed the wife more because you were in the other room chatting with Robb......

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing