Tad Cr1

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
Not a problem. My pleasure to be of help. Is nice to see someone "home" around.

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Stereophonic, welcome and thanks for sharing your impressions! Will need to look for an opportunity to listen to Classe on the CR1's. Make sure you check out this thread for further amp ideas with these speakers.

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
So Stereophonic, how did you end up? Did you finally got the CR1s? Which amps?

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi Eli08.
I wrote to Herve Deletraz (Dartzeel's designer) and he replyed me with refreshing news.
He will bring to market the following components:
One integrated like Dartzeel cth-8550 with a Dac incorporated.
The Dartzeel nhb-108 mkii with double power.
A pair of monoblocks with 300w.
I've never listen a sound so refined like Dartzeel. So, i'll wait to listen that components with the Tads to take the ultimate election.

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Stereophonic, Herve will not release any of the above pieces until they have been perfected... be prepared for a long wait on them. Did he mention an estimated launch date? He told me late '13/early '14 around 6 months ago. Will you be using Classe in the meantime?

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Joost

I switched back to Dartzeel from my other gear and I have to admit - Dartzeel rules my TADs. The overall listening experience is wonderful. There's nothing fancy. Nothing stands out in an objectionable way and the music flows. Detail and nuance without being harsh. A very natural presentation.

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Joost

I switched back to Dartzeel from my other gear and I have to admit - Dartzeel rules my TADs. The overall listening experience is wonderful. There's nothing fancy. Nothing stands out in an objectionable way and the music flows. Detail and nuance without being harsh. A very natural presentation.

Joe- The Dart on the TAD's is incredible indeed. I think its tough to beat in a small listening space. Extreme high level of resolution/inner detail, micro/macro dynamics, holographic imaging, highly natural and musical presentation with great tone and weight. As you say nothing stands out or is missing.

I personally have found that the 108 is better alone than with the 18NS; with the pre I loose a little resolution and energy in the higher frequencies resulting in a presentation that is overall too dark for my tastes. Going direct into the 108 with my DAC is absolutely spot-on perfect in terms of the so called 'brightness' of treble energy. The CR1's pointed so that axii cross over directly at the listening position also maximises the energy in the treble and gives the most 'airy' presentation which is my personal preference.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi all.
i'm here again. Listening my new Tads Cr1.
Actually paired with my integrated Dart. Like my listening room is smaller than the dealer's room i listen the bass depper. But i'm steel waiting the open scene and full bass than i listened with the Classe Audio Amp. i'm waiting for the Classe Ca-m600 amps to compare it.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Joe- The Dart on the TAD's is incredible indeed. I think its tough to beat in a small listening space. Extreme high level of resolution/inner detail, micro/macro dynamics, holographic imaging, highly natural and musical presentation with great tone and weight. As you say nothing stands out or is missing.

I personally have found that the 108 is better alone than with the 18NS; with the pre I loose a little resolution and energy in the higher frequencies resulting in a presentation that is overall too dark for my tastes. Going direct into the 108 with my DAC is absolutely spot-on perfect in terms of the so called 'brightness' of treble energy. The CR1's pointed so that axii cross over directly at the listening position also maximises the energy in the treble and gives the most 'airy' presentation which is my personal preference.

I do agree with your assessment Joost. I have realized, for my taste, I prefer my CJ GAT/ART monos to everything else on my TADs. The CJ gear has a totally grain-less, deep, layered and holographic presentation of everything I've tried. Having all those tubes is a commitment for sure but in the end, it's worth it.

Hi all.
Actually paired with my integrated Dart. Like my listening room is smaller than the dealer's room i listen the bass deeper. But I'm still waiting the open scene and full bass than i listened with the Classe Audio Amp. i'm waiting for the Classe Ca-m600 amps to compare it.

Congratulations on the TADs, please keep us updated.

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Hi all.
Actually paired with my integrated Dart. Like my listening room is smaller than the dealer's room i listen the bass depper. But i'm steel waiting the open scene and full bass than i listened with the Classe Audio Amp. i'm waiting for the Classe Ca-m600 amps to compare it.

Hi Stereo, any further updates on your amp quest? Are you currently running the Classe M600 mono's? Still the same impressions as compared to the integratedDart?

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Joost,

According to a friend, these Concert Fidelity amps sounded really good on the TADs.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi Stereo, any further updates on your amp quest? Are you currently running the Classe M600 mono's? Still the same impressions as compared to the integratedDart?
Hi Audio.
I was listening in my room the cam-600's ( Dart as pre ) and once compared to the Dartzeel that are my conclusions:

The sound didn't seems anyway to what i listened in my dealer's room.

Dartzeel's timbrical sound was far better than the Classé.

Anyway, it wasn't a serious listening and i have to listen it with the Classé CP-800.

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Joe, indeed interesting amps! Is this from CES '14? I guess we might be getting some impression popping up in various places of this system...

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Hi Audio.
I was listening in my room the cam-600's ( Dart as pre ) and once compared to the Dartzeel that are my conclusions:

The sound didn't seems anyway to what i listened in my dealer's room.

Dartzeel's timbrical sound was far better than the Classé.

Anyway, it wasn't a serious listening and i have to listen it with the Classé CP-800.

Goes to show how important the room is! So I guess you are now waiting for Herve to unveil his next generation of power amps?

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Yes. The room is the most important factor for us.
I'm waiting to listen one pair of Classé Omega Monoblocks. The new Krell series i also interesting !!!!!

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi all.
As you know i'm looking for the best amplification option for my TAD's CR1.
Actually i have in my home for testing the follow ítems:
Classé Omega Monoblocks ( 600 w/8? ).
Audio Research Reference 5SE
Audio Research DAC8
Modulation cables Transparent Reference
Speaker cables Mit Shotgun Magnum.
My reference amp is the Dartzeel CTH-8550 with the Esoteric X03SE source.
I feel the Omega/AR combo has a very very soft sound. Too much for my taste. Great soundstage and big bottom end. But i listen the sound like a big ball. Bass is not defined and to much rounded. Mids are well defined and powerfull but they literally eat the high frecuencies.
I don't know if this are the qualities of the Audio Research stuff.
I like the Dartzeel sound, more transparent, airy, revealing and accurate. But as you know the power requeriments of the Tads are beyond it.
What do you think?
An Esoteric DAC would put more tight sound?
A Dartzeel preamp would turn the sound more open?
Any thoughts?
View attachment 16959

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Reading your posts, you seem to have been thorough and methodical. My instincts tell me:

- Try the Dartzeel pre with your Omega monos (ie, substitute out the Ref5SE)

If you can try this, and can sharing your 'listening notes', it might help guide you. I think the Omegas have plenty of power, and the Dartzeel the pristine delivery you clearly like. So if that does not do it for you, I think we might need to find out what about that combo you wish to improve.

is it possible for you to try this?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing