Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Magico Q3- Impressive listen

Member Sponsor Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LL21 View Post
    And will you answer the call of the siren?
    So far I'm swimming straight ahead with ear plugs in place! I have somehow managed not to audition either Qsub yet . . . need to wait until I move to the next room before integrating one into the system . . . yet, irresistible, I think.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerball View Post
    So far I'm swimming straight ahead with ear plugs in place! I have somehow managed not to audition either Qsub yet . . . need to wait until I move to the next room before integrating one into the system . . . yet, irresistible, I think.
    irresistible indeed!
    Speaker: Wilson X1 + Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: CJ GAT2 + Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable: TA Opus Gen5&MM2 + PAD 25th Sablon GCUber
    Isolation Sandwiches: Under: HRS.Stillpoints.Auralex Top: HRS.Artesania.Entreq.EAT.90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground&Shield: 7 x 16A Furutech . Burmester948 . NordostQX4 / Tripoint Troy Sig+Thor . Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex.Mullard
    Headphone: Sennheiser 650 . Arcam rHead . ApogeeGroove

After first hearing the Q3 six years ago, I have finally had the opportunity to audition a pair for two weeks in my own system. I decided to buy them. If interested, you can read more about the decision on my system page:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...e-Sound/page25

Name:  DSC_3946.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  115.5 KB
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-22 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Q3, Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    After first hearing the Q3 six years ago, I have finally had the opportunity to audition a pair for two weeks in my own system. I decided to buy them. If interested, you can read more about the decision on my system page:

They look awesome...welcome to the full range world
    Christian

System Gear

Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    They look awesome...welcome to the full range world
    Thank you Christian. Perhaps not as full range as your great system, but they do present more of the music. They seem to be an almost perfect match for my room.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-22 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Q3, Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Christian put it very well! I am very happy you have decided to get a speaker that takes up space, scares the dog and rock’s the neighbor’s house!
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Herzan + Taiko Tana + Evo LPS for Io, custom for turntable, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Benjamin Electric subpanel, JPS in-wall wire, Furutech NCF outlets, Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: SoundSense A.T.I. + Lumitex drapes + Vibramat, ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks, self-propelled sound-absorbing cocker-poo

It’s important Peter that you keep all that plastic wrapping on so when you come to trade up they are like new

Preferably mint in box.....
    "An audiophile is only done when they go to the great brick and mortar store in the sky"

[/B]

Addicted to Best!

Congratulations and enjoy! They look great in your room. Excellent write-up regarding your decision to buy. From reading that a big “THANK YOU” is due to your wife Anne for not exercising her veto powers!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567