When's the next Integra preamp coming? Will it be DHC-80.4 or something else?

claytonJ2

May 25, 2011
Bothell, WA
And will it have more subwoofer outputs? Or will another brand be the next big thing? Seems some brands are quitting the home theater pre / pro game (Denon) altogether or releasing entry level products and not flagships (Emotiva, Parasound, Outlaw). Seems like Marantz and Integra are the last of the mainstream competitors.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I don't know about the Integra DHC-80.4, but Onkyo has the PR-SC5510, I think, or is it coming? ...Like this fall.

True, Denon high-end pre/pro is now a receiver; the AVR-4520CI, with a special preamp feature (only using the amps required or none), & Marantz stepped to the plate, finally! ...With the AV8801, equipped with Audyssey MultEQ XT32 and Pro Ready.

Outlaw (Model 975) and Emotiva (UMC-200) are for the "kids" who don't want a receiver included inside! ;)
...Too many serious bugs, and too many important features missing.

Integra and Marantz are solid. ...Above that you are overpaying the overachievers and not so obvious 'without-a-itch' sound/video transformers.
Starting in Canada, with Anthem and Bryston and Classe. Then Cary, McIntosh, Meridian, and the now five-year old Denon AVP-A1HDCI.

From what I gathered here and there the top-of-the-line newer receiver from Denon is an excellent value, and is moving ahead of Onkyo/Integra.
...And the latest SSP from Marantz, but the price is much higher now ($3,600 MSRP), as compared to that Denon receiver that you can get for $2,000 less.

It is also interesting to note that in the newer and top tiers Integra/Onkyo products (receivers and pre/pros, I believe), we're losing the multichannel analog connection. ...Not so with Denon and Marantz; if one truly cares.

Another thing; eleven channels all together (plus two or three subs), or only nine channels? ...Some say that 5.1 is good enough. But some customers require 11.3 channels or more.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing