Allnic 1201 Phono

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Looks like a great product, but I would aim for the Allnic LCR H 1500 due to the transformer coupled RIAA. Haven't heard either the older H 1200 or the 1201, however, they look cute and compact for smaller installations.

Lotus

Jun 22, 2013
www.lotushifi.co.uk
Hi worldcat, firstly i am the UK Allnic representative so i hope its ok for me to pass on some info ?

I have had my demo H1201 unit since March. Its a great piece in my opinion and has been received here very positively by everyone who has had a listen. It is startlingly close the the H1500II so extremely good value for money and a very big jump up from the old 1200. I would say definitely try one if you are looking for a phono. In my experience it will compete with units costing far more. Like all the allnic phono preamps its a very natural sound with great air, texture, soundstaging and resolution. Very musical and very much a whole coherent and even sound. It also looks really nice with great build quality and subjective 'feel'. Hope some of that helps you.

Worldcat

May 30, 2012
I think i am going to try one soon. I have Sutherland phono blocks now but i need another for another arm. Going to see how this compares.

Lotus

Jun 22, 2013
www.lotushifi.co.uk
Hiya, yes you would be wise to. It is deeply impressive even up to 2 or 3 times the money.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing