MSB Signature dac iv plus vs CH Precision

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
Hello,

I guess that now the relevant comparison would be CH C1 (streamer card) + X1 vs. MSB Diamond V with upgraded clock and diamond power supply, since they have approximately the same cost.

Has anybody done this comparison?

Cheers,

VPN

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Hello,

I guess that now the relevant comparison would be CH C1 (streamer card) + X1 vs. MSB Diamond V with upgraded clock and diamond power supply, since they have approximately the same cost.

Has anybody done this comparison?

Cheers,

VPN

Hi VPN. I did this comparison in my listening room. I owned the MSB Diamond DAC IV+, fetmo clock, diamond supply, UMT+, USB card, streaming capable. I first compared the Diamond DAC V with fetmo clock, upgraded USB, Diamond supply. I could not hear a difference. I had a friend visit and he could not tell any difference either. The upgrade was expensive so I did not upgrade. Next, I compared the CH Precision C1, D1, X1, A1 in my room with the same speakers, Wilson Alexia. The electronics with the MSB were the ARC Ref Anniversary and Ref 210s with KT120s. The CH Precision won easily playing SACDs from the drive, USB input, ethernet streaming. The CH Precision system is more open, more real, "faster". As I've said before, CH Precision system is better together A1, L1, C1/D1. Adding X1s makes it even better. Those were my findings.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Since MSB also has power amps, a more reasonable comparison would've been to use the MSB on the MSB amps, same as you did use the CH on the CH amps.

Or at least put the CH on the same ARC setup... That would've made for a fair comparison.

But still, it's great you're enjoying the CH system. I've installed YG speakers on an-all CH system, and it is indeed very fast and very open-sounding.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi VPN. I did this comparison in my listening room. I owned the MSB Diamond DAC IV+, fetmo clock, diamond supply, UMT+, USB card, streaming capable. I first compared the Diamond DAC V with fetmo clock, upgraded USB, Diamond supply. I could not hear a difference. I had a friend visit and he could not tell any difference either. The upgrade was expensive so I did not upgrade. Next, I compared the CH Precision C1, D1, X1, A1 in my room with the same speakers, Wilson Alexia. The electronics with the MSB were the ARC Ref Anniversary and Ref 210s with KT120s. The CH Precision won easily playing SACDs from the drive, USB input, ethernet streaming. The CH Precision system is more open, more real, "faster". As I've said before, CH Precision system is better together A1, L1, C1/D1. Adding X1s makes it even better. Those were my findings.

This is not a valid compare

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
This is not a valid compare

Correct. You have to use the same amps, and comparing transport with file playing doesn't work either.

The current result is irrelevant when it comes to getting an impression of just the MSB DAC vs. the CH.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing