MMMicroOne vs. KEF LS50

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
MC makes it clear early in his Q1 review that "My task is to see whether Magico can justify such a handsome investment."

Yes, he talks about the cabinet and the drivers, but he spends more time discussing the sound and lab results.

It's interesting to compare this review to his review of the WA S3s.

True enough. As far as resonance, certainly a monitor and a big full range floor stander are two different animals.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Are there any MMMicroOne reviews out there besides the short capsules from audio shows? I would like to read a serious, long term review, perhaps even comparing it to some of the other small, stand mount speakers.

None that I know of. A Google search turned up no reviews except show reports. I was told by one reviewer he was promised a sample on multiple occasions and never received one.

Perhaps Jtinn knew the price increase was inevitable and wanted to wait? I would not fault him for that. It would be great if he could come on an explain the lack of reviews,
so we don't speculate.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Are there any MMMicroOne reviews out there besides the short capsules from audio shows? I would like to read a serious, long term review, perhaps even comparing it to some of the other small, stand mount speakers.

I would love to see a shootout between the MMMicrOne and the LS50.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
None that I know of. A Google search turned up no reviews except show reports. I was told by one reviewer he was promised a sample on multiple occasions and never received one.

Perhaps Jtinn knew the price increase was inevitable and wanted to wait? I would not fault him for that. It would be great if he could come on an explain the lack of reviews,
so we don't speculate.

i don't think you will ever see a formal review on the MMMicro One. it's simply not an important thing to him. maybe if sales slowed down that could change. but that is not an issue.

my friend from Singapore (who travels all over Asia for business) just visited me and told me that the MMMicro One has become very popular in Hong Kong. with it's small size, build quality, and high value i can see why that would be.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
i don't think you will ever see a formal review on the MMMicro One. it's simply not an important thing to him. maybe if sales slowed down that could change. but that is not an issue.

my friend from Singapore (who travels all over Asia for business) just visited me and told me that the MMMicro One has become very popular in Hong Kong. with it's small size, build quality, and high value i can see why that would be.

Not sending out review samples is absolutely Jonathan's prerogative. I find it puzzling, but it not my company.;)

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Have any of the EA speakers been reviewed by a major rag?

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Looks like he already may have a taker.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing