Genesis at the Monaco Grand Prix

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
So, what's a racing event doing in the Genesis thread?

The owner of a pair of Genesis Dragons lives in a penthouse in Monaco, overlooking the Grand Prix track. When he found out that going to the Monaco Grand Prix was on my bucket list, he invited me to the race last year where we installed the speakers just before race day.

Unfortunately, moving the heavy transformers for the speakers threw my back out and I spent a week cooped up in a hotel room far away from the action flat on my back. He invited me back this year, not to move transformers, but just to enjoy the day.

Behind the front door - which he got from an old bank....

Vault door.jpg

.... is a pair of Genesis Dragons in the huge living room.

G1 View.jpg

This is one owner who loves music, and the system is almost never turned off anytime he is home.

G1 in Monaco.jpg

That's not where the dining table is usually - it was an additional table placed there for the Grand Prix party.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
It was a blast fulfilling one of my bucket list items. The penthouse overlooks nearly 60% of the track, and in particular for this race, two of the most thrilling spots:

Massa/Ferrari getting into a tangle with the wall

Smash1.jpg

This is when I really missed my Canon 5D - he was sliding sideways when I pressed the shutter. By the time the little S100 point-and-shoot I was using focused and clicked, he was already in the wall.

Also right in front of us - Maldonado peeling the safety barrier off like a potato peeler.

Smash2.jpg

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Our industry has many benefits... this is one of them. Congrats to Gary for having the foresight to have a customer in Monaco :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
The owner of a pair of Genesis Dragons lives in a penthouse in Monaco, overlooking the Grand Prix track.

This is one owner who loves music, and the system is almost never turned off anytime he is home.

That's not where the dining table is usually - it was an additional table placed there for the Grand Prix party.

I remember this room from your earlier shots...as I recall you custom cut the wings down to accommodate his room, and there was some household debate about placement as well I believe. Wow...great to see a bit more of layout, ceiling height, etc. Thanks!!!

And the F1 sounds like a great event! Enjoy!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing