Daft Punk "Random Access Memories"

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Could be best album since their first. Recording is good as well and can destroy non-worthy systems :)

Easily my album of the year through the first half of 2013...

KeithR

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Is it out already? I've been waiting for this one.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Woohoo! No need for iTunes!

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Daft Punk

I love their music in 'Tron - Legacy', and I've heard great things on their latest album; 'Random Access Memories'.

It's a BUY for me. ...On Blu-ray Audio, or multichannel SACD, or CD, ...whatever the best is.
...Digital hi-res with the full frequency range of the audio spectrum, without anything missing, and no tics and pops. ;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Jack surely owning the Tech Das, you would buy the vinyl?

If they release it, definitely! I have a sizable collection of House and Trance EPs and Singles. I still have my DJ rig. Unfortunately dance music releases have dwindled over the past five years.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
If they release it, definitely! I have a sizable collection of House and Trance EPs and Singles. I still have my DJ rig. Unfortunately dance music releases have dwindled over the past five years.

It is absolutely available on vinyl. Just go to Amazon uk and get yourself a nice Euro pressing. :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I love you man!

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA

They are coming back...all the big underground deep house/techno djs are now incorporating vinyl again. I saw Seth Troxler recently and he went to vinyl for the last hour-- waved an LP to the crowd and they went crazy.

Pissed I sold my 1200s in 07...went to CDJs, but kept my 12" singles collection of course. Need to clean them properly one afternoon!

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I love their music in 'Tron - Legacy', and I've heard great things on their latest album; 'Random Access Memories'.

It's a BUY for me. ...On Blu-ray Audio, or multichannel SACD, or CD, ...whatever the best is.
...Digital hi-res with the full frequency range of the audio spectrum, without anything missing, and no tics and pops. ;)

The azimuth looks off to me...

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
They are coming back...all the big underground deep house/techno djs are now incorporating vinyl again. I saw Seth Troxler recently and he went to vinyl for the last hour-- waved an LP to the crowd and they went crazy.

Pissed I sold my 1200s in 07...went to CDJs, but kept my 12" singles collection of course. Need to clean them properly one afternoon!

I'm downloading the 24/88 anyway as well. The CDJ-2000s are supposed to be able to play 24/96 but I never found any Hi-Rez dance files. Armada was rumored to release Armin and Shah titles but they never did. Van Buuren reportedly does his gigs with all 24/96 which is the native format of all his productions. Selfish dawg!

Glad to hear that the DJs are starting to use vinyl again. You can do so much more with CDJs and Ableton but there's nothing like the feel of an LP eh Keith? Get cleaning! :)

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Interesting article on DP in latest RS

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

some of the best ones never left vinyl...at least not in the underground scene...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Agree! Fantastic soundtrack...just ordered some kind of 2-cd special addition which was second hand on Amazon. They also have a DJ remix of the Tron soundtrack...picked that one up since the snips seemed fun.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Some interesting discussions about this release on the Net. There's an interview with the French mastering engineer where he says that the 24/88.2 digital master on quobuz.com (and presumably HDtracks) is the source for all other versions (i.e., mastered for iTunes, vinyl and CD). Needledrops from the LP apparently measure higher DR using the "DR meter" despite this. Not surprisingly, there is a wide spectrum of opinions about the quality of the LP pressing, ranging from "perfect" to "noisy as hell".

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
"People call me Giorgio"

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Portugal

Jan 13, 2013
Have been listening to this streaming from Rdio. Very good. I'm ready to buy the HDtracks edition.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing