Found Music Cabling: A System-wide Upgrade

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Oh Gary.......do you have room for my speaker boxes?;):p!

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Can you imagine if every OEM that had any large quantity of sales had to store their customer's boxes after the sale? What an expensive nightmare that would be.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
In the case of wood crates like Silent Running and Doshi, expect they will reuse them.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
In the case of wood crates like Silent Running and Doshi, expect they will reuse them.

I'm not so sure. The crates will suffer some wear and tear every time they are used. Plus, don't the crates have the serial number stenciled on the sides of them? So unless you could convince your customers that you are saving them money by sending them used crates, I don't think it would go over very well. Specially with customers who want boxes with dovetail joints and mirror-finishes lined with red velvet inside.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Hmmm... You write a cable review and the thread drifts to crates and packaging...:confused:

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm not so sure. The crates will suffer some wear and tear every time they are used. Plus, don't the crates have the serial number stenciled on the sides of them? So unless you could convince your customers that you are saving them money by sending them used crates, I don't think it would go over very well. Specially with customers who want boxes with dovetail joints and mirror-finishes lined with red velvet inside.

I'm thinking sarcasm was your Major!:p

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Hmmm... You write a cable review and the thread drifts to crates and packaging...:confused:

Mark-I want to be the first to apologize for being the first to drive your thread off into a ditch. I'm truly sorry and this will be my last post on this thread. You have a story you were trying to share with your cable review and we need to get back to that.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

I apologize as well......I do!Sorry!

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Hey guys -- no need for apologies. More surprised that this is what caught folks attention ;)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
To get back on track, Doc, explain what you think are the synergies of these cables with your gear, since you are using some pretty special electronics. I don't remember what speaker you have, nor the amp(s). Didn't Mike L. also have a set of Found Music amps? Did he use their cable(s)? The hardest part about cable comparisons for me (and I suppose other gear evaluations as well) is that the results seem to vary depending on associated equipment. A cable that is too 'bright' for one system seems to be 'alive' in another; a cable that sounds muted in one system will sound 'rich' and characterful in a different assembly of gear.
I have heard cable differences in my systems for decades, but I'd have a hard time explaining whether the cable I like in my system is a world beater for someone using a different set-up.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
To get back on track, Doc, explain what you think are the synergies of these cables with your gear, since you are using some pretty special electronics. I don't remember what speaker you have, nor the amp(s). Didn't Mike L. also have a set of Found Music amps? Did he use their cable(s)? The hardest part about cable comparisons for me (and I suppose other gear evaluations as well) is that the results seem to vary depending on associated equipment. A cable that is too 'bright' for one system seems to be 'alive' in another; a cable that sounds muted in one system will sound 'rich' and characterful in a different assembly of gear.
I have heard cable differences in my systems for decades, but I'd have a hard time explaining whether the cable I like in my system is a world beater for someone using a different set-up.

Bill --

All excellent points. I do own unusual gear:

SimMoon Andromeda CD Player
Galibier Turntable
Durand Telos Tonearm w/Benz stereo LPS cartridge
Durand Talea Tonearm w/Miyajima Premium BE mono cartridge
Experience Music Kahn Two Box Phono Preamp (currently using GE 56 triodes and mercury rectifiers)
Experience Music Kahn Two Box Line Stage (currently using Zenith 71a triodes and mercury rectifiers)
Einstein Light In Dark Amplifier (using Amperex 6922 tubes)
Daedalus Ulysses Speakers

I agree that cabling is system dependent. For that reason, I think Found Music's model of try before you buy is the right approach.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Recent completed front to end cabling of my system including new top of the line Found-Music speaker cables. Wow! More to follow...

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing