PS Audio Noise Harvester

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
http://www.psaudio.com/products/power/noise-harvester-2/

I've seen these being used at some audio shows, but then discovered they were no longer available. It appears that PSAudio has reintroduced them and I'm interested in trying one out.

Does anyone here have any experience with these Noise Harvesters? And, if so, what is your opinion of them? Gimmick? Really neat device that works?

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I have a couple, tend to use them as a detector vs. eliminator.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
What frequencies concern you most? I realize RLCs capable of handling 120 V+ rms and working into the audio range will be large, but I suppose they could be using some sort of active circuit. However, IME, the marketing copy is technically misleading at best. Passive filters reject noise, preventing it from reaching the component, or shunt across the line and again prevent it from reaching the component. Some types dissipate energy in the filter, some do not. Dissipating the energy in a LED or resistor does not matter to the component, nor does simply rejecting the incoming noise instead of dissipating it directly. "Returning the noise to the neutral" does not matter to the component if it does not see it, and since an LED works by current flow technically they are doing exactly the same thing, just frequency-shifted if they are filtering and using the resultant LF/DC current to power a LED. Current is a loop, it does not come from one side and magically dissappear; the LED is drawing its power from across the line.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Dave Collins was talking about this the other day and actually did some measurements...... no change!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks guys. I think I'll save myself the $100 and buy more vinyl instead! :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing