NAB adapters /Nab shop.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Anybody done any business with this internet shop . http://www.nab-shop.com/
I ll be getting the tape machines back in a about a week and i am looking for some nice adapters and reels maybe .
I know of reeltronic reels , are there anymore suppliers , it seems the precision motorworks adapters look nice

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Darklab is what most of us use for NAB adapters; a true copy of the original http://www.j-corder.com/Accessory_Page.html

I use Dark Labs (based on the old Revox) and there are now two different versions. Some users have reported issue with the adaptors but mine have been problem free. http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue51/hifi_tuning.htm

I also know Greg Beron has been talking to Patrick about doing a NAB hub but not sure if it's in production. Perhaps Greg can chime in. :)

Greg Beron / UHA

Member Sponsor
Apr 5, 2012
Washington DC
www.unitedhomeaudio.com
Yes Myles I have been talking to Patrick Sinegal of Reeltronix about designing a better NAB hub and he does want to make them. I have sent him some things to work with and from that he has come up with a basic working design idea.
I feel sure that if Patrick puts his mind to it he will come up with some interesting designs that everyone would want both cosmetically and most importantly for their functionally.
I also tend to believe that the NAB hub sales would surpass his reel sales!

Personally I have not been happy with the old Revox design, I have bought them in quantity from various manufacturers and each one has it's own issues.
I have actually gone to replacing the small round pucks with metal nuts that are maybe 1 or maybe 2mm larger that the supplied pucks. This is offering a better grip on the reel and does work much better.
I have told the manufacturer of one line of hubs that he needs to increase the size of the puck but that has fallen on deaf ears.

The problems I have encountered are mostly clunking type noises from a loose grip on the reel, annoying!

My sincere hope is that Reeltronix goes through with the production and solves this for us, however I guess if he determines he doesn't want to make them I may give it a shot.

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
Anybody done any business with this internet shop . http://www.nab-shop.com/
I ll be getting the tape machines back in a about a week and i am looking for some nice adapters and reels maybe .
I know of reeltronic reels , are there anymore suppliers , it seems the precision motorworks adapters look nice

I have used Svilen Zidarov in the past with no issues, nice man & fast shipping.
Patrick Sinegal of Reeltronix is also a great source, excellent products & some serious eye candy.
Todor Dimitrov at MTSL / mastertapesoundlab@yahoo.com , another great source

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I bought a lot of NOS Akai NABs which I keep handy all around, not sure how easy it is to get them thou, but these are small and practical.

(Space for picture)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing