What's going on with the US stock market lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron, are you participating in a political discussion on WBF?

Steve N. wrote: "Critical information for voters to make the decision was either intentionally or unintentionally omitted or blocked from voters." I agree in the sense that in another recent election one of the investigating agencies has been shown to be biased. We can only imagine what the popular vote might have been if the voters had in fact all of the information.

You are correct, Peter. I apologize. I hereby withdraw from this discussion.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Oh Oh the Hitler analogy strikes again. Another predictable response. Lol.

A rather good analogy. The right is just too ignorant and under informed to see the similarities.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ron... People voted brexit believing that after leaving EU, 350m (from savings) would be given to the NHS every week. This was openly admitted to be false information by the next campaigners, and there will be no such money.

It was also assumed that on the day of brexit it will be on ideal exit terms with UK having control of what it does with its borders, regulations, and justice. In theory, voters voted for a type of brexit that does not exist. There are no such controls, and EU will dictate. Instead of voting brexit, voters should be presented with what brexit means, and should be allowed to vote on that.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
A rather good analogy. The right is just too ignorant and under informed to see the similarities.

Thanks for your insight and assesment of my “ignorance”.

Yeah the left analogy of Hitler is real smart. LMAO

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
So we have now seen the rationalization of why Brexit should’nt count by claiming Russian subterfuge, the stupidity of the electorate, the de-legitimization of the vote for a host of other reasons, the Hitler analogy, the ignorance of the right and of course the ever used “copy and paste” propaganda using one sided articles taken from the net to prove the point.

Hilarious

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012

Agreed. They have sold their soul (or what was left of it) to make "America Great Again." Luckily, due to demographic changes, it's the last grasp of the American Taliban.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Let me add to the stupidity of the Progressive perspective, “The American Taliban” and “lost souls” to the list of absurdities I previously denoted.

Thanks for the additions jeffrey_t

The more you guys post the more you prove to be what you claim the other side to be.

LMAO

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Let me add to the stupidity of the Progressive perspective, “The American Taliban” and “lost souls” to the list of absurdities I previously denoted.

Thanks for the additions jeffrey_t

The more you guys post the more you prove to be what you claim the other side to be.

LMAO

We agreed via PM to not comment on each others posts. But honestly it's no surprise that you couldn't keep to an agreement. 100% deplorable scumbag.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
We agreed via PM to not comment on each others posts. But honestly it's no surprise that you couldn't keep to an agreement. 100% deplorable scumbag.

I take your attack as a compliment. The Hillary Waters compliment. Thanks.

LMAO

I agreed to nothing.

ngamountains

Apr 24, 2018
As a newer member here who found this topic on the “What’s New” page and thought I might find some interesting thoughts on the stock market, I just thought I’d say the level of on-topic discussion over the last two pages (as far back as I decided to go) is absolutely pathetic.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
As a newer member here who found this topic on the “What’s New” page and thought I might find some interesting thoughts on the stock market, I just thought I’d say the level of on-topic discussion over the last two pages (as far back as I decided to go) is absolutely pathetic.

+1

Welcome to WBF ngamountains!

Sorry you had to see a food fight in the kitchen on your first day here.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Why do our English friends here seem to have no issue with pro-EU English political elites ignoring the clear result of a valid public referendum?

A valid point Ron but in short because leaving the EU, particularly without a deal, would be so damaging to the UK economy and peoples's jobs, and those who voted to leave would then blame the politicians rather than themselves with further serious damage to our political system.
Indeed, there are concerning parallels with what happened in Germany after Hitlers's election as Chancellor when he brutally coerced German MPs into supporting the transfer of huge powers from their parliament to to himself and the German judiciary sat on their hands.
Happily both our counties have a robust independent judiciary.the value of which cannot be underestimated, and the value of which is recognised by the EU as exemplified by the EU's current disputes with Poland and Hungary.
The position in the UK is a mess and the concerns extend way beyond any political elites but I remain confident that common sense will prevail. It will probably be a messy process which we will muddle through and not for the first time.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
A valid point Ron but in short because leaving the EU, particularly without a deal, would be so damaging to the UK economy and peoples's jobs, and those who voted to leave would then blame the politicians rather than themselves with further serious damage to our political system.
Indeed, there are concerning parallels with what happened in Germany after Hitlers's election as Chancellor when he brutally coerced German MPs into supporting the transfer of huge powers from their parliament to to himself and the German judiciary sat on their hands.
Happily both our counties have a robust independent judiciary.the value of which cannot be underestimated, and the value of which is recognised by the EU as exemplified by the EU's current disputes with Poland and Hungary.
The position in the UK is a mess and the concerns extend way beyond any political elites but I remain confident that common sense will prevail. It will probably be a messy process which we will muddle through and not for the first time.

Hitler seems to be the new poster child for you Progressives. What is it with that?? Was he a vinyl guy??

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
+1

Welcome to WBF ngamountains!

Sorry you had to see a food fight in the kitchen on your first day here.

Ron you are being way too kind

jeffrey_t calling me a “100% deplorable scumbag who IS the swamp and therefore enjoys being called scum” is, I think, an insult to the great “food fight” scene made famous in Animal House.

But may I request that we leave his viscious insults as is for posterity?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Okay, gentlemen. Enough with the political talk. It happens no more on this thread. The next person who speaks about anything political will enjoy an involuntary 3 day vacation from the WBF.

Political discussion are against the TOS of this board. If you need a refresher, here is the link >>> http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?1207-Terms-Of-Service

Here is the actual rule that is consistently being ignore on this thread >>> 10. Posting topics involving politics, religion or firearms are not allowed and will be removed with appropriate warnings issued to the member. Repeated offenses can result in membership ban.

We do rule with a gentle hand but this has got to stop.....and will stop now. If you post anything political, please know now that you will enjoy a vacation from the WBF whether you like it or not. The second offense or any complaining about getting banned or not being able to talk about political things will get you a week vacation.

It all stops now. Consider this a very friendly warning. There will be no second warning, only a vacation. Thank you for understanding, now let's get back to the topic at hand.

With that said, this thread will be closed for 1 day so that everyone involved gets this message.

Tom

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . .

Happily both our countries have a robust independent judiciary, the value of which cannot be underestimated . . .

Thank you for your gracious opening, but I am afraid I have to disagree with the above.

One of the primary roles of the United States Supreme Court is to protect individuals, whose liberties are guaranteed to them by the Bill of Rights in the Constitution of the United States, against the popular, majority will of the legislature. In America if two wolves vote to eat the lamb, the Supreme Court steps in and invokes the Bill of Rights to protect the lamb.

Unfortunately (from an individual liberty point of view) for English subjects, and the people in all majority rule systems with no structural judicial protection for political minorities, which is most countries in Western Europe, the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom (established only in 2009) has no jurisdiction to protect political minorities from tyranny by parliamentary majorities. In majority rule systems such as the United Kingdom if two wolves vote to eat the lamb, then the lamb is history.

The focus by the political culture and the political system of the United States on the rights of the individual represents the sharpest difference in political philosophy between America and Western European democracies. The failure to recognize and to understand this fundamental difference in political philosophy helps to explain why Western Europeans often are baffled by the machinations of the political and the judicial systems in America.

(Tom, thank you very much for your immediately preceding post enforcing the ban on political discussion. I apologize for getting somewhat close to the line in my own posts on this thread.

Please know that I consider this post to be purely of a comparative political science nature, and to not be in the nature of the political discussion we proscribe on WBF.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing