What's going on with the US stock market lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Any way afic , we have entered bear market territory , we ll get a major decline in 2016

next short entry would be 2040 -2044 -2050 area SPX

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Took a small gamble ,the possibilties are there , Brexit , interest rate hike ......????
If you say it long enough , you should get it right at least once ;)

Last edited:

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I've been out for a few weeks now... watching the Tronald Dump fiasco, Brexit and interest rate hike-or-not-maybe-no-really thing from the sidelines

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
The (US .SPX ) market has bounced its head against the 2130 area a number of times now , for about 1,5 years long, looks like a major top to me , its a high risk trading long in the stock market now imo .

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Been watching mostly the Biotech stocks perking up, some of the stocks which are running on good earnings guidance and results.

I don't yet have a good mental model of how the Biotech stocks behave and why, so I will be learning that.

I did some simple research about a Tech company which has increased much too much in a few days based a not significant merger news and I wish I could find opportunities and shares to shot it.

My current broker in Canada is very, very bad for shorting shares, so I am looking for other recommendations.

The fun thing is: all these plays don't seem to be affected by the Brexit fears and other ambient issues.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
The only broker i know off in the US /canada is interactive brokers , i dont short stocks " directly" i use only indexoptions which is more or less gambling ;)
BUT a disclaimer here as it is very high risk business with the risk of loosing all you put in , its not only about direction but the timing needs to be spot on as well .
IF a market is hit by recession fears or any fear for that matter all stocks go down , some more then others .

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
The only broker i know off in the US /canada is interactive brokers , i dont short stocks " directly" i use only indexoptions which is more or less gambling ;)
BUT a disclaimer here as it is very high risk business with the risk of loosing all you put in , its not only about direction but the timing needs to be spot on as well .
IF a market is hit by recession fears or any fear for that matter all stocks go down , some more then others .

IB is quite good for shorting, but their customer service/supports sucks: they're continuously super arrogant for some reason with people calling them.

But at least their price is good and shorts are usually readily available.

The platform is quite good to use and to build on if you're handy with coding and APIs as well.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I have to admit that watching the Referendum coverage live on BBC has been a fascinating experience - the constant reversals and fluctuations in the first 4 hours of the vote count were nail-biting. In the end, being 100% out of the market has been a good call on my part, and it looks all markets around the world got it wrong on Thursday, and so did the exit polls. A new era of high risk is about to commence.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Agreed , but for speculators these are lifetime opportunities be it up or down , british pound dropped almost 10 % to the dollar at some stage .

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
It's not like it's a surprise to see some instability. Better than a crash.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
You don't expect some sort of crash? Seen this? Dow Futures down 605, and it's only midnight

dow-futures.JPG

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I don't know if a full crash is in order. In the US feds won't raise interest rates. If they rid it would've crashed or just flattened anyways, as I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing