What's going on with the US stock market lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
For anyone who believes in technical analysis , we have formed a rising wedge pattern since the drop on monday more then 3 weeks ago , with the topline of the wedge around 1988 , it shouldnt rise much further , and a wedge formed like this is a bearish wedge , well see tomorrow.
I added on my short position

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
For anyone who believes in technical analysis , we have formed a rising wedge pattern since the drop on monday more then 3 weeks ago , with the topline of the wedge around 1988 , it shouldnt rise much further , and a wedge formed like this is a bearish wedge , well see tomorrow.
I added on my short position

Well, the market has gone up and down quite a bit since my last re-entry in it (post #188), but currently I am enjoying that I have actually made nice gains thus far, despite all the wild ups and downs. All predictions wouldn't have worked out anyway in this time period -- certainly another drop to 1875 or below hasn't happened yet. I wouldn't hold my breath that the markets go down if the Fed raises rates tomorrow. Yet they might go up further if the Fed doesn't raise rates (the markets appear to anticipate the rates staying the same, given the good gains today and yesterday). I'll stay put. If I exit now I might potentially miss good additional gains tomorrow and perhaps Friday, if I stay I'll have to ride it out if it goes bad tomorrow, which I'll do. Either way, come year's end I should be fine with my gains. I am still way ahead of the market this year.

BobM

Feb 5, 2014
Long Island, NY
In the backwards philosophy of recent trading, good financial news could make the market go down, and bad financial news could make it go up.

Raising rates means the economy is strong, but it is a loss of easy money (well, not for a 1/4 point move really) = so this could raise the market.

Not raising rates is a vote for a slower economy than expected = sp this could make the market go down.

But ... it could be totally opposite in reality. Who knows. The smart money is waiting on the sidelines I think.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
The smart money has a big short position ( i like to think :D)
The big banks know everything the fed will decide , the fed is not a government institution , its privately owned by banks .
How easy will it be then to make money , if you know what will happen , bye bye free capitalism.
First 6 years of 0 interest rates , money is free , and after rates start to rise , short the market big time :p

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
In the backwards philosophy of recent trading, good financial news could make the market go down, and bad financial news could make it go up.

Raising rates means the economy is strong, but it is a loss of easy money (well, not for a 1/4 point move really) = so this could raise the market.

Not raising rates is a vote for a slower economy than expected = sp this could make the market go down.

But ... it could be totally opposite in reality. Who knows.

Indeed, who knows. Well stated, Bob.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
+- 2000 it might be
Now was there a bounce at around 1875 or what , i should start a hedge fund :D, further i think it will top at 2000 or 2050 , for yet another bigger decline beneath 1875
I closed half of the position at 1900 a little to late , didnt play calls unfortunately
401 aex it was , funny thing about the markets is is that its turns around numbers, resistance or support

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
supply the rich , screw the poor .

Anyway the market seems to be dropping anyway

127 aex points more to drop before oct 16 to close my position :p

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
and speculating some more :

If we get a 30-40 % correction in the stockmarket , i assume they will introduce QE 4 later in 2015 (stocks will rally ), this might in the end weaken the $ and make them force raising interest rates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eFtTheT9qY

Disclamer i dont like buying gold or silver , i just find the discussion interesting

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
If i am wrong this could be a nasty leg up ,:p it looksmore like it so maybe +- 1875 bottom for this year but i still do think we ve set the top at 2130 SPX

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
If i am wrong this could be a nasty leg up ,:p it looksmore like it so maybe +- 1875 bottom for this year but i still do think we ve set the top at 2130 SPX

All I can say is, I hope you are not hurting right now. I am getting the heck out again as soon as I can...

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I screwed up already , over and over again , i dont take profit but " wait" for the crash , i didnt lose much after all but could have had a 2000 % profit on aex 402 in august , i didnt close because sept /okt are THE Crash months , ah well i had 3 months of adrenaline rush , if it would have touched 300( which it would if the market corrected 30 % ) , it would have been 1,1 mil

I agree the market will make a lower top probably , if it touches 2130 i ll short again , i was hoping the fed would raise interest rates , but they didnt and i doubt they ll ever will voluntarily , because the world is far to much in debt to survive higher rates

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing