What's going on with the US stock market lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Yash, that banker above went down real quick from inside to outside.
I can relate to investors losing their life savings through negligent bank managers.
Whoever that investor was he sure wasn't happy with that banker.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Yash, that banker above went down real quick from inside to outside.
I can relate to investors losing their life savings through negligent bank managers.
Whoever that investor was he sure wasn't happy with that banker.

Wasn't an investor if it was from the inside...

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
US markets

Screwed up many times , but i think we ve reached the markets top this time , especially after what the Bank of international settlements brought out ,and interest rates are bound to go up.
Well options trading is a high risk environment anyway , if you cant stand the heat ( have the $$ ) stay out of the kitchen .
I think were in for a 10 -15 % correction and possibly more later this year .

For you who wonder why i dont post a lot anymore on audio , well its merely more of the same and i like learning new stuff

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Was talking to a hedge manager friend yesterday. He told me that most of his peers are ringing their hands in glee....
after all their multi million $$ bonuses tends to make one do that.....:p

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
He told me that most of his peers are ringing their hands in glee...

Dont get that sorry , english is not my first language ?

Sorry, means that these people are more than excited with the current state of the US stock market. The expected bonuses that they are going to be receiving is still fueling the upwards pressure on the Manhattan real estate market. ( price wise). The hedge fund managers wife's are out shopping in force...condos in the $5M+ range are nothing but chump change. ( for andromedaaudio...easily affordable:D).

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Haha. no I hope eventually though .
I m merely saying every bull market has an (temporary ). big decline and I think were not far off , this year or the next.

My thoughts/play on the S en P. (aint worth much lol ) we. ll hit the 2130 support . area in a month or so , a bounce and then hopefully a bigger one in sept okt. this year

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
With global warming some say it's a good time for insurance companies.
That iceberg just about to separate from the Antarctica continent should increase shares in insurance institutions.
Bitcoin, wow! Gold...always a rush.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
For all of us Apple stock holders there was a huge surge in Apple stock today pushing the Dow past 22,000 for the first time ever

I've had and held this stock for well over 12 years and watched it grow along with a 7:1 split.

Apple could become the first Trillion dollar company.

This is when a exit strategy comes into play

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I might put a sell stop in 15% or so below asking price, but w/the new phones coming out and all the AR/AI research spending, I'm still fairly optimistic short and med. term. Yesterday's earnings report was an unusually good quarter ahead of a new phone cycle, particularly one where the news has spread of greater than usual changes to new gen phones.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
For all of us Apple stock holders there was a huge surge in Apple stock today pushing the Dow past 22,000 for the first time ever

I've had and held this stock for well over 12 years and watched it grow along with a 7:1 split.

Apple could become the first Trillion dollar company.

This is when a exit strategy comes into play

I see an AirForce 0 in your future Steve :)!

david

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I am almost embarrassed to say what I bought the stock for but AF Zero most unlikely

The difference between audio and investing is that I think I know something about the former but know that I know sh*t about the latter. Yet I'm comfortable making decisions on the former myself, whereas I pay advisors who may know even less than I do to give me advice about the latter. Go figure.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
My take and this is what I recently did.

Buy some no load "index" funds, which I have have transferred into and be done.

The risk is minimized and the compounded returns are quite good due to the very low operational fees.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Is this the top then for this 8 1/2 year bull market , the second longest of the century if im not mistaken
With the fed unwinding its buying program.:confused::D

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
All I can tell you is that I got out mid-August, thinking that is just not sustainable, nor supported by or reflective of the economic situation, or even the short-term outlook. I have no idea where this is all going and why...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing