Miele Mouth

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I think it is a given that high-end gear has lower quality as a rule. They have lower volume and hence, less motivation and budget to fix things. Our Wolf cooktop has had three service calls and it still doesn't light properly and makes annoying sound when set to medium temps. Our Thermador fridge has a door shield which has gone bad and they know that it does that on every unit and recommend taking it out altogether. And don't ask about all of our grief with our Subzero and Bosch units.

That said, Miele's claim to fame is reliability and hence my annoyance that it is not delivering.

dianagainsworthy

Jul 16, 2011
San Leandro CA
Am just wondering if any of the Miele owners here are allergy sufferers like me. I bought the Electrolux Oxygen (not exactly this one but a similar model) and it has been somewhat disappointing. I vaccuum the house when my allergies act up, but the filtering does not seem adequate in the Electrolux and I actually have actually found that running it can kick up the dust and trigger a mini allergy attack :( My doctor said to focus on HEPA as a feature but I have heard conflicting things about how the HEPA standard regards allergen levels.

I have gotten some really credible reviews and referrals from friends about Miele vaccums and I'm about this close to pulling a trigger on the Olympus S2120. Would really appreciate it if any allergy suffers could tell me their opinion on that one factor. It's a big one for me with dogs in the house.

Incidentally my Bosch dishwasher is also extremely quiet, as you say. I hope I don't start having service problems with it. You have me a little worried amirm :\

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Diana,

If allergies are your problem, like my wife's, the vacuum cleaner I'll mention is cumbersome to use and loud as hell but is the only one in 14 years that has kept her sneezing at bay. Rainbow. I believe these are sold using a direct sales model so you should be able to get a free demo.

For the larger areas of the house we use a commercial Kirby.

HTH

Jack

Reactions: RussR

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Diana, I just bought a Miele Pisces vacuum....by far the best vacuum we have ever owned....A modern version of the Red Star which I also own and like.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Diana, I just bought a Miele Pisces vacuum....by far the best vacuum we have ever owned....A modern version of the Red Star which I also own and like.

Just to join in, yeah Miele are stunning products and one I would recommend to anyone.
We currently have the Cat and Dog model, which I understand like many of their other models can be fitted with various filters and a few different bags - so a fair amount of flexibility.
http://www.miele.co.uk/accessories/VacuumCleaners.aspx

Slightly differrent subject, we currently have AEG kitchen appliances but in future I would definitely replace them with Miele when time to update.

Cheers
Orb

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I have a Miele Blue Moon and it is well built but I must report that our new Dyson performs much better and I don't have the buy the pricey G or N bags.

Save your money, buy a Dyson and use the difference on audio toys! :)

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I had a Dyson and it was a POS. It fell apart after a year which was a good thing cuz I got the Miele Earth

Really? What model year? Ours has been bulletproof.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Lee

I just remember it was an ugly purple and was their top of the line. Cost me almost $500

Every latch, hinge etc fell off and the roller always got stuck with carpet stuff. My wife said not to get another Dyson

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Steve,
I have heard the same from others.
I do wonder if this all started once he outsourced all production to China, or if it was always such with Dyson.
Cheers
Orb

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Steve,
I have heard the same from others.
I do wonder if this all started once he outsourced all production to China, or if it was always such with Dyson.
Cheers
Orb

Interesting comment because I bought ours based on all of the hype and TV ads we saw.

It was "good from far but far from good"

Literally everything on it came apart or fell off

mimesis

Sep 26, 2010
I've been very happy with a Miele canister unit, their top unit from about 12 years ago - still going strong. For carpet pile, I periodically use a Royal Everlast vacuum - looks like an ancient contraption - it is metal, has a powerful rotating brush and with a HEPA bag, does an excellent job filtering whatever is being sucked up. The Royal is especially good for pulling out lint and pet hair from my occasionally shedding dog. The Royal is probably 16 years and going strong.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Sorry to hear that. Ours has held up fine, as has my sister-in-laws. More suction than the Miele.

Lee

I just remember it was an ugly purple and was their top of the line. Cost me almost $500

Every latch, hinge etc fell off and the roller always got stuck with carpet stuff. My wife said not to get another Dyson

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing