New Vinyl from MA Recordings!!!

MA Recordings

Nov 18, 2012
Hi Bruce

Where would you like 'em? As I wrote in my note to Steve, the sound takes on a certain elegance that you hear more in DSD than PCM. If you are around Newport, please do stop by for a listen in room 322 at the Hilton.

Best Wishes

todd

MA Recordings

Nov 18, 2012
Cher Alexandre

There are no native DSD2x files for this album. To clarify, for the LP mastering, I upsampled from the 176.4K PCM to DSD2x. I would not offer the same as digital files as you can do that yourself with AudioGate. However, with vinyl, this is something completely different and fresh. Obviously, the only way to know that is to hear it for yourself...

Thanks!

todd
ma

MA Recordings

Nov 18, 2012
I am having a bit of trouble with that web site's design... How do you find this title? I had to use google. There is no top link for vinyl... and how do you tell the format (the hi-rez digital is clearly marked, but others are not) if and when you find the title?

My Apologies for the site issues. It might sound strange, but first of all, we will be offering the records at Newport and to those that inquire via the MA site up to about June 12th. As I will be doing shows in Asia for part of the summer, after which I will be in Japan for work there, I will only be able to get things moving for real on the site from Mid August!

In any case, for those that are sure they are interested, we will do what we can!

Please feel free to write via the MA site and visit us in room 322 at THE SHOW NEWPORT!

Best Wishes

todd

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Gary,
Do you have experience mixing your power cables with re-generators such as the PS Audio units? We must find a way of trying the Absolute Fidelity power cords in Europe!

The power cords are optimized to interface 115V and 60Hz. 50Hz would be different, and when I used a PS Audio Power Plant to regenerate 230V 50Hz to try and optimize an export version, I couldn't make them sound right. I don't know if it's because of my design or it's the regenerator.

+1

i've had that 'can't take that cord away' experience with Gary's Absolute Fidelity power cords too. when i first heard it in my system it was a pair of power cords that were going to Singapore with a friend of mine and Gary's. after i heard them in my system i told my friend that Gary would need to make him another pair and ship them to him.

my friend was accomodating and it worked out.

now i have 9 of his power cords in my system.

Thanks, Mike. I think that our mutual friend has almost as many.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
How much are the Absolute Fidelity power cords?

MA Recordings

Nov 18, 2012
Hi Guys!

I need to thank Gary for putting this info up on the site. I did not mention in the Press Release that I used Gary's power cable, but I DID USE IT and would not leave home without it....... unless I was working with batteries..... In any case, thanks Gary, on numerous levels!

Best Wishes
todd
ma

. This long time favorite of MA fans, was recorded 15 YEARS AGO(!) at 176.4 kHz in a small church in the countryside of Argentina. We up-sampled the 176.4K files to 5.6 MHz double DSD and took them to Len Horowitz, a cutting engineer veteran of 41 years who is well known for his legendary 1950 Scully cutting lathe and Westrex cutting head. Len “sculpted” the lacquers on his Scully, directly from our modified KORG MR2000s, after which they were immediately flown to Desmond Narraine for Metal finishing at Mastercraft in NJ. Desmond, who started at Decca over 40 years ago, worked his magic and sent his stampers of perfection to Bill Smith Custom Records in LA who is pressing the 180gm disc just in time for THE SHOW NEWPORT!!

View attachment 9734

Besides LA SEGUNDA, Len Horowitz also cut an incredible 12 inch 45 rpm single (for 180gm release) of some of the best tracks from the first Sera una Noche album. Numerous audiophile luminaries auditioned test pressings at the recent show in Munich and all expressed great interest in acquiring multiple copies!! You can get yours, literally hot off the presses, directly from MA Recordings in room 322 at the HILTON!!

View attachment 9735 [/QUOTE]

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
How much are the Absolute Fidelity power cords?

last time i bought one they were $1800 list price for 1.5 meter length. more for longer lengths. there are three different types of cords depending on your use; one for tt or RTR motors, one for high power amplifiers, and one for sources and preamps.

http://www.absolutefidelity.com/ttcables.html

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The power cords are optimized to interface 115V and 60Hz. ...

Gary, what is the "essence" (sweet sauce) behind those power cords?

You have some more details, with measurements, pictures, specs, texts, reviews, prices, etc.?

_________

Todd, nice to see you posting here; I'm a "pure" fan of your recording techniques. :b
...Nagra equipment is still part of your world?

MA Recordings

Nov 18, 2012
Dear Northstar,

Thanks for your nice comments. I have never used Nagra gear, can't afford it....
I have often used something modified. such as consumer oriented gear (Pioneer D07-A DAT) or got my hands on a DCS AD converter, etc....... That was before they got involved in the HI End. Now that is all DCS does....

Best Wishes

todd

You have some more details, with measurements, pictures, specs, texts, reviews, prices, etc.?

_________

Todd, nice to see you posting here; I'm a "pure" fan of your recording techniques. :b
...Nagra equipment is still part of your world?

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

_________

Hi Bob, no secret sauce. Even the ingredients are listed on my website.
http://www.absolutefidelity.com/index.html

The power cords are very simple - no power conditioning, filtering, etc. I assume that all that is already done elsewhere. What the power cords do is attempt to correctly interface from the power outlet to the power inlet of the equipment.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing