Historical Photography | Civil War Pictures

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
No plasma TVs back then, no 3D, no 4K, no computers, no iPads, no cell phones, no high-end stereo hi-fi sound systems, no Ferraris, no Lamborghinis, no Bugattis, ..., but rifles, guns, canons, rounds, ammunition, powder, tents, trains, soldiers, horses, hangings, swords, and war.

=> http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1931089/1960850573/name/CivilWarpictures1.pps

P.S. Be patient for the download; it's worth it!

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
My very good friend Joe reminded me of this thread, so I'm taken the opportunity to revive it (bump).

Would be very nice to hear few comments from the members here who viewed those extraordinary pictures. ...150 years old!
{The download is totally secure and takes less than a minute; then just click on it when it is ready.}

* This was first emailed to me by a very good friend, with full appreciation.
And then I shared it with one of my brothers; he was totally enthralled.

Now let's see what effects those have on you. And by the way, some of those pictures were in the last Special Edition of National Geographic.
But in that Special Issue they were also showing the same spots today (150 years later)! ...Riveting, amazing, emotionally charged!
So that too (last Sp. Ed. of Nat. Geo.) I highly recommend you get (only $15).
First look at the pictures from that download link, then decide if you like to go to the next level (much higher) with today's comparison.
I can assure you that those pictures are simply amazing and of premium quality; even the 150 years old ones!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Incredible, absolutely incredible photographs. What horror war is. And how moving photography can be no matter how uncomfortable the subject.

I am sorry I missed your posting the first time around Bob. BTW it loaded in one or two seconds on my machine so not long at all.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Wow, it took almost two years for some of you to finally look @ them older pictures. :cool:

My friend Will is the one who first sent me an email with the link; then I shared it with one of my brothers (he liked it a lot), and then I posted the link right here. When I first looked @ those pics I was simply mesmerized.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Ok, I have a problem. When I posted that file it was from another computer, and now I cannot open it!!!

Microsoft Office wants money, then I downloaded Adobe for free, but I cannot open it! Help, please.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Thanks a bunch Bruce.

? It expires in three months; is there a pdf link that lasts forever? :b

Ha!--the access to the File expires---once you download you save the PDF to your HD --it is there in your lifetime:)

Good luck and thank you for the original Posting

BruceD

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing