Kondo and Living Voice at Munich high end show 2013

Matej Isak

Jan 20, 2013
EU
www.monoandstereo.com
LIVING MATTER

kondo_kevin_living_voice_vox_olympian_new_munich_2013_show_highend_high_end_report_matej_isak_mo.jpg

I was both surprised and happy to see Kevin from Definitive Audio UK at this years Munich high-end show 2013. As we talked with many people, Munich is really spreading its wings and importance of participation slowly becoming most important for the world wide impact.

My eyes lighted on when I saw Vox Olympian in the room. Luckily it was not on the static display only, but Kevin rotate two system.

So, is Vox Olympian worthy of the fame? And how about Kondo Audio Note Japan? Vox Olympian played in the full blooded system consistent of Kondo Audio Note Japan DAC, M-77 preamplifier and two Gakouh mono blocks.

<< Read more >>

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2013/05/kondo-and-living-voice-at-munich-high.html

murrayp

Mar 1, 2012
A second on this. I've always claimed to be a SS person, but this Living Voice / Kondo set up was really just in another universe to anything I have heard before - just stunning. Srajan Ebaen was there at the same time I was and he openly applauded after one track. His views concur - here - http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/munich2013/1.html.

I felt this was a show with not bad sound overall, better toward the end. But while I spent 4 days there I didn't hear things the same as others (based on others views of best of show) and even found some rooms disappointing one time and excellent another. Generally though the sound of the big systems travelled into multiples of USD100k and really wasn't what you'd wish for the money vs what one should be able to achieve at home for such funds.

Also it was not somewhere where one could really assess any single component of course - you got the whole unfamiliar system and who knows what part contributed what part of the sound. But it was fascinating enough to keep this audiophile there for all 4 days :eek:)

Murray

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have heard Kondo M1000 and Kondo Gakuon with Genesis 1.1s. I can see why people love Kondo fanatically.

georgemg

Feb 11, 2013
Brasil
This room was very , very good! the great Brodman speaker and the Vox olympian was the two most beautiful speaker made in the world( in my opinion).

The Kondo amplifier here was fantastic, but the room of audio note Japan with Byura speaker and Kagura amplifiers was not so good , something has happend, the bass was a little weak, the soundsatge dificult, maybe the small room, the energy have had small influence on the result, in hifideluxe theaudio note tere was a lacking a bit of speed and strength.

This a small video I made:

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
A wonderful sound and exemplary craftsmanship..

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Anybody had longer contact with Kondo Kagura?

I've had the Kagura at our studio in Manhattan for the last four days driving the Raido D3' and the Magico S5's. The pair that I have had are on their way back to Japan. I have one pair being delivered next month to a customer and then one pair coming back which will be at a reviewers probably until March, then they will be our demo pair in our studio, they will be driving Raidho D5's as well as maybe Magico Q7's.

I'm too in love with the Kagura and it's sonic presentation to try and explain the sound. I invite anyone in the NYC area or visitors to come in for a listen after we have our Kagura back in March.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I've had the Kagura at our studio in Manhattan for the last four days driving the Raido D3' and the Magico S5's. The pair that I have had are on their way back to Japan. I have one pair being delivered next month to a customer and then one pair coming back which will be at a reviewers probably until March, then they will be our demo pair in our studio, they will be driving Raidho D5's as well as maybe Magico S7's.

I'm too in love with the Kagura and it's sonic presentation to try and explain the sound. I invite anyone in the NYC area or visitors to come in for a listen after we have our pair back in March.
Fantastic news...I am hoping to hear the Kaguras sometime this year. Meanwhile, I am intrigued to learn more about the Raidho D5...as I understand, it will be a Raidho C 4.1 but with Diamond instead of Ceramic cones, along with upgraded crossovers and wiring? Is this correct? Have you heard it? Most intrigued.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Fantastic news...I am hoping to hear the Kaguras sometime this year. Meanwhile, I am intrigued to learn more about the Raidho D5...as I understand, it will be a Raidho C 4.1 but with Diamond instead of Ceramic cones, along with upgraded crossovers and wiring? Is this correct? Have you heard it? Most intrigued.

I do have a pair of D5's on order and yes they are the same size and speaker basically as the C4.1 with the diamond drivers vs. the ceramic on the C4.1's. Don't have the specifics on the wiring and X'overs. Have not heard it. But I love the D3's and have the room for the D5's, which will be more efficient, go deeper in the bass and will play louder in general. Kaguras/D5's....just seems right to me....we shall see.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I do have a pair of D5's on order and yes they are the same size and speaker basically as the C4.1 with the diamond drivers vs. the ceramic on the C4.1's. Don't have the specifics on the wiring and X'overs. Have not heard it. But I love the D3's and have the room for the D5's, which will be more efficient, go deeper in the bass and will play louder in general. Kaguras/D5's....just seems right to me....we shall see.

Thanks! I will PM you.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing