Munich High End Show 2013 report first insights

Matej Isak

Jan 20, 2013
EU
www.monoandstereo.com
BIGGER, BETTER AND EPICENTRE

munich_2013_show_highend_high_end_report_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_sonus_faber_olympica_deviale.jpg

Here is a first quick overview about Munich High End Show 2013. I have a feeling, that Munich High End show is becoming a most important of them all. I never seen so much colleagues from the press and it seems that even small companies are taking on with growing participation.

I've heard on more then few occasions comment on expensive logic at CES show. That how prices of everything surrounding (facilities, food etc.) are sky-high increased by the time of the show. From both manufactures and visitors... Interesting.

Check below few of the few pictures from the Munich High End Show 2013 beat. Stay tuned for articles and special features soon.

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2013/05/munich-high-end-show-2013-report.html

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
BIGGER, BETTER AND EPICENTRE

Here is a first quick overview about Munich High End Show 2013. I have a feeling, that Munich High End show is becoming a most important of them all. I never seen so much colleagues from the press and it seems that even small companies are taking on with growing participation.

I've heard on more then few occasions comment on expensive logic at CES show. That how prices of everything surrounding (facilities, food etc.) are sky-high increased by the time of the show. From both manufactures and visitors... Interesting.

Check below few of the few pictures from the Munich High End Show 2013 beat. Stay tuned for articles and special features soon.

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2013/05/munich-high-end-show-2013-report.html

Thanks for doing this! Great! How did the Gryphon speakers sound? I believe these were the new Trident?

Odyno

Dec 27, 2011
Near Montreal Canada
Did you get to the La Rosita, Apertura speaker room?
I was very impressed by the articulation of that system.
The big Raido série also impressive.
Off course the démo at MBL and Gryphon are outstanding...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Did you get to the La Rosita, Apertura speaker room?
I was very impressed by the articulation of that system.
The big Raido série also impressive.
Off course the démo at MBL and Gryphon are outstanding...

What equipment did you hear at the Gryphon room? Your comments on the sound are appreciated!!!
I know that shows are not a good proxy, but still...would be interested in reading your thoughts/impressions.

Odyno

Dec 27, 2011
Near Montreal Canada
Pendora, Mephisto, Pendragon and Kalliope speaker's.
If you Walt some pic', give me an email adress as I just dont know how to post fromage my IPad .

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Pendora, Mephisto, Pendragon and Kalliope speaker's.
If you Walt some pic', give me an email adress as I just dont know how to post fromage my IPad .

Wow! You heard the 4-speaker Pendragons? I thought they were only on static display...and that they were playing the Trident 2s.

Any comments on sound? As for photos, thanks for your offer!...actually, i am all set there.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I have a Gryphon video and listening session, Flemming says Hallo. It's awesome!

Odyno

Dec 27, 2011
Near Montreal Canada
It was one of the best sound at the show as far as I am concerned.
It was a demo on apointment only and was conducted by Mr Gryphon himself...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
It was one of the best sound at the show as far as I am concerned.
It was a demo on apointment only and was conducted by Mr Gryphon himself...

Looks like I wil have to find a way to hear for myself now...thanks!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Matej Isak

Jan 20, 2013
EU
www.monoandstereo.com
Thanks for doing this! Great! How did the Gryphon speakers sound? I believe these were the new Trident?

Yes, we listen to the Trident 2 at presentation. Sound was promising, but room was too small to control midrange and bass.

Matej Isak

Jan 20, 2013
EU
www.monoandstereo.com
At Gryphon: Mephisto, Trident, and new DAC Kalliope.

I agree on La Rosita. There was something special in the performance. As written in other article MBL excel in the terms of classical live recorded music. Almost nothing came close and there is just a little "flavour" of the x-treme speakers to be heard in the performance. In the ultimate way of course.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Yes, we listen to the Trident 2 at presentation. Sound was promising, but room was too small to control midrange and bass.

I was at the Friday 12pm demo in the "money seat" and was very impressed, I would have liked 2 db less at 50 to 150hz but the scope of the stage was wonderful as was the system's musicality. It was one of the best sounding demos at the show. Perhaps I had the lucky seat?

Odyno

Dec 27, 2011
Near Montreal Canada
I was at the Friday 12pm demo in the "money seat" and was very impressed, I would have liked 2 db less at 50 to 150hz but the scope of the stage was wonderful as was the system's musicality. It was one of the best sounding demos at the show. Perhaps I had the lucky seat?

I was in that friday 12 démo.
Unfortunatly I was in the far black on the left. Even there the sourdstqge was great and did not feel that 2 dB from there.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing