Sonus Faber Olympica speakers at Munich High End Show 2013

Matej Isak

Jan 20, 2013
EU
www.monoandstereo.com
A NEW MILESTONE FOR SONUS FABER

Sonus Faber officially presented their new Olympica speakers at Munich High End Show 2013. You'll get some feeling about them from pictures, but you'll have to see them in person. This are the speakers, that Sonus Faber developed secretly for quite some time and with great importance. It's very important line as it priced just above the Cremona line and a lot of loyal customer waited for a speaker like this to add or replaced their old ones.

munich_2013_show_highend_high_end_report_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_sonus_faber_olympica_deviale.jpg

It got so many things new and updated that I'll wrap them up in dedicated Olympica article with Q & A from both Livio Cuccuza and Paolo Tezzon. It was also great to seem them both at the stand. Great guys full of life's energy and positive attitude, backed up enormous knowledge and insights in industry workings.

In June - July 2013 I'll be also visiting Sonus Faber HQ's in Italy for a factory visit. It will be interesting to bring you insights into the Italy best.

Whole article:

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2013/05/sonus-faber-olympica-speakers.html

Last edited:

tboooe

May 11, 2013
Definitely interested in these as I am in the market to replace my beloved Cremona Auditors. I was considering the Guaneris. Hopefully these can get me close to the Guarneris but at a more reasonable price!

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

108CY

May 4, 2013
I love my old original amatis I own in my second system.

tboooe

May 11, 2013
With the new drivers, bass port, crossover and internal structure they'll be interesting to review and see what they sound like comparing to Guarneris. Paolo assured me they're performing quite different and better then Cremona. I'll report soon.

Hopefully you will be reviewing the Olympica 1. I wish these are available in the beautiful red finish like the Gaurneris. Is official pricing out on these? If these perform they will fill a nice void in the product line.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Will be interesting to see how these hold up against the Homage line. Olympia 1 seems to have a similarity to the G line. Somehow,I doubt that they will compete with my GH's, but should be interesting to see.
BTW, I do wish that SF would do away with the string grills.....they look good, BUT they really are not practical at all, IMHO.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing