Doctor's Orders-Part Two-The New Listening Room Of Steve Williams

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Ah yes the wonderful room-I recall with much angst-can I ever replicate--indeed Kudos ! ;)

Has that deviously ;) master of the sounds-- our MikeL sowed a seed of Digital discontent within your mind? :p

Hmmm-- Gene McDaniels sang a song about that very thing when I was kid-:b

We watch and learn

BruceD

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Ah yes the wonderful room-I recall with much angst-can I ever replicate--indeed Kudos ! ;)

Has that deviously ;) master of the sounds-- our MikeL sowed a seed of Digital discontent within your mind? :p

Hmmm-- Gene McDaniels sang a song about that very thing when I was kid-:b

We watch and learn

BruceD

I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking of Steve and DDK's all Lamm Signature electronics!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
GianLuigi

I will be in Russia from June 20-27 and from there we will be in the north of Italy from June 27-July3.

We will be in Milan, Lake Maggiore and Piemont region

There will be 8 of us in Italy some of whom are ardent audiophiles

You should also ask Gian to take you to Pepe57 (Pietro's) place to listen to the Yamamuras, which has the Zyx Ultimate diamond (plus many other systems in house including Goldmund Apologue and Prologue).

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Steve
i only have problem because from 22 to 29 i am in China.
I come back home on 29 evening,so i am free from 30 june

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
That is a beautiful looking rack system, Steve!

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Hi Steve,

I am thinking about doing a ML2.2/LL1.1 SIG combo. The only thing holding me back is not being sure on the heat output on those 6C33C tubes. I know that by nature they run just as hot as the hotest, but in all the reviews and posts pertaining to the Lamm mono's, I can't find any references. My room is 13x17x9 and although I have central air, it is too loud to run when I am listening. (Lotta good that is). What do you think about the heater influence in my relatively small room? TIA

Steve

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Hi Steve,

I am thinking about doing a ML2.2/LL1.1 SIG combo. The only thing holding me back is not being sure on the heat output on those 6C33C tubes. I know that by nature they run just as hot as the hotest, but in all the reviews and posts pertaining to the Lamm mono's, I can't find any references. My room is 13x17x9 and although I have central air, it is too loud to run when I am listening. (Lotta good that is). What do you think about the heater influence in my relatively small room? TIA

Steve

I have set up the same combo along with an LP2 in a room even slightly smaller than yours and no heat issues and have 2 pairs of ML2s in our small showroom http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...digital-too-Listening-Room-2-Near-field-setup without any heat issues but A/C is running in summer in both installations. All I can say is that the ML2.2 generates very little heat and if you can stand the room without AC then turning on the ML2s won't make it any warmer.

David

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Thanks David,

Are you a Lamm dealer, or are you affiliated in some other way? What would be your recommendation for a 20-35k speaker...either in a horn or single driver? By chance have you heard any Teresonic speakers, or even caught wind of their performance?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Thanks David,

Are you a Lamm dealer, or are you affiliated in some other way? What would be your recommendation for a 20-35k speaker...either in a horn or single driver? By chance have you heard any Teresonic speakers, or even caught wind of their performance?

We are the longest running Lamm dealer anywhere and the only electronics we sell since 1999. Sold & setup more Lamm ML2 systems than anyone else :)!

As far as horns go your best bet is vintage and we can discuss your options offline. I'm not familiar with the Teresonics but know the Lowther driver that they use and I'm not a fan. I can go over some other speakers with you offline too, this is Steve's thread and I don't to take a different direction.

david

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing