PNWAS - Feat. Seattle Opera Soprano Marcy Stonikas and Violin Soloist Marie' Rossano

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
Coming June 13th (Thursday, 7:30pm), The 2nd Annual Pacific Northwest Audio Society’s "Live vs. Recorded" Event, Featuring Seattle Opera Soprano Marcy Stonikas and Violin Soloist Marie' Rossano.

After the fantastic success of last year's "Live vs. Recorded" meeting we decided to make this an annual June event for the Audio Society. It's hard to beat the energy and excitement that goes along with a live performance and recording and playing back the performance is our way of putting our own audiophile spin on the evening.

This year we have two musical artists who you won't want to miss. We're fortunate to have partnered with the Seattle Opera to find soprano Marcy Stonikas. Marcy is an accomplished opera singer, who's played around the world from Seattle to Vienna. In addition, we have Seattle violin soloist Marie' Rossano. Marie has appeared as a soloist with the Seattle Symphony and is also the winner of the 2012 Classical KING FM Young Artist Award. She'll be performing at the Juliard School before our event and with the Salt Lake Symphony after.

Phillip Chance, recording engineer for the Seattle Woodwind Symphony, will join us to record the performances of these two amazing women.

This event is open to the public and the Audio Society will provide food and drinks. For the information of our guests, the event will start at 7:30pm, on Thursday, June 13th and will be held in the upper level of the Mercer Island Congregational Church on 4545 Island Crest Way.

Please RSVP to the Club email address:

pacificnorthwestaudiosociety@gmail.com
http://www.audiosociety.org

Marcy Stonikas.JPG
http://www.seattleopera.org
http://www.marcystonikas.com

Rossano.JPG
http://www.marierossano.com

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I had the pleasure of recording this event. Attendance was at least 70 guests the last I heard.
We had a last minute replacement for the singer and Ms. Kimberly Giordano stepped in.

http://www.kimberlygiordano.com/Home.html

Phillip Chance did the mic placement and ran the signal into my Pyramix DSD workstation. Format was DSD128fs.
After recording, we then headed down to the meeting area to play back the files. All in all, it was quite the event.
Video and stills were shot during the event and will be posted soon. So stay tuned!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Can't wait to see the pictures and videos. I was working on my boat all week at our vacation house and could not make it :(.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Phillip Chance did the mic placement and ran the signal into my Pyramix DSD workstation. Format was DSD128fs.

WHAT...No Analog :confused::eek:
Just kidding :p

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
WHAT...No Analog :confused::eek:
Just kidding :p

It was bad enough to keep from over modulating with the DSD. The singer, at my position about 25' away, at times hit 92dB peaks! I felt sorry for people in the front row!! :rolleyes:

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
It was bad enough to keep from over modulating with the DSD. The singer, at my position about 25' away, at times hit 92dB peaks! I felt sorry for people in the front row!! :rolleyes:

Were you riding the gain?
Using the Milennia?
Digital clips harshly :eek:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I had the pleasure of recording this event. Attendance was at least 70 guests the last I heard.
We had a last minute replacement for the singer and Ms. Kimberly Giordano stepped in.

http://www.kimberlygiordano.com/Home.html

After recording, we then headed down to the meeting area to play back the files. All in all, it was quite the event.
Video and stills were shot during the event and will be posted soon. So stay tuned!

Looking forward to Bruce! ...Seems to be my kind of music too. :cool:

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
no gain riding... I just set the peak levels -3dB below clipping.
Used the mic pres inside the converter.

Thanks, Bruce.
A friend and I were looking into Horus at one time...nice stuff -- Merging
:D

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
It was a really fun evening. We had an accident on the I-90 at 5:00 that backed up traffic for about two hours, which unfortunately kept some people from venturing out, but we started about 15 minutes late and many people were able to make it. The program went off without a hitch, thanks to John Stone's planning. As for me, I'm relieved that we got it under our belt and it went well. If you couldn't make it this year we'll do it again next year. In the meantime, depending on how Bruce's crazy schedule goes, we'll have downloadable files posted on the Audio Society's website soon. We also had a videographer there, so there should be video of the event by this fall. You'll see, the performers were amazing...and by that I don't mean really good, I mean amazing.

Darin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing