Poll: Who Will Win Tomorrow Night? Mayweather Jr or Guerrero?

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Tomorrow night is a very anticipated bout in Las Vegas between Floyd Money Mayweather Jr and
Robert The Ghost Guerrero.

Who has the edge?:confused:

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Just finished the weight check both of them, I am sure you know where my money is... :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Money's got the power to picks his opponents..... all the power. He's got the eye too. He may act like a jerk but there's no doubt that he is one of the smartest and most astute fighters out there. I won't believe he'll pick one that he knows he can't beat convincingly

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Money's got the power to picks his opponents..... all the power. He's got the eye too. He may act like a jerk but there's no doubt that he is one of the smartest and most astute fighters out there. I won't believe he'll pick one that he knows he can't beat convincingly

Fascinating fight. Both trained by their fathers. Mayweather is a prodigy. A truly gifted athlete.

But..he is now 35, old in boxing, and Guerrero hungry as hell. Classic boxing story.

Mayweather may have a big mouth but he backs it up, trains like the devil, and in incredibly
intelligent with his career.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Actually he's 36. One thing about the Ghost is that he's a lefty, a strong one at that. I'd watch that short left hook to the body and the head from Guerrero. Money's shoulder defense won't figure as much. Then again Money is a master at adjusting on the fly. It takes him 3 rounds tops. You don't need as much brawn if you are that smart. Even if he has slowed down, he'll still be faster than most. I say it goes the distance with a unanimous decision.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Actually he's 36. One thing about the Ghost is that he's a lefty, a strong one at that. I'd watch that short left hook to the body and the head from Guerrero. Money's shoulder defense won't figure as much. Then again Money is a master at adjusting on the fly. It takes him 3 rounds tops. You don't need as much brawn if you are that smart. Even if he has slowed down, he'll still be faster than most. I say it goes the distance with a unanimous decision.

Very good points.

Another thing is that despite the Mayweather camps delusions, he took a helluva beating from Coto. The decision was way too lopsided for Mayweather.
That beating made him look more vulnerable.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cotto is one of my favorite fighters and I agree, the score should have been closer. I'm no fan of Mayweather. I've cheered for every single opponent he's had going back to Oscar. I was on my feet when Shane rocked him good. The guy just keeps on winning though. I'll still be cheering for Guerrero and do hope he wins even if I don't actually believe he will.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Cotto is one of my favorite fighters and I agree, the score should have been closer. I'm no fan of Mayweather. I've cheered for every single opponent he's had going back to Oscar. I was on my feet when Shane rocked him good. The guy just keeps on winning though. I'll still be cheering for Guerrero and do hope he wins even if I don't actually believe he will.

I was going to root for Guerrero big time. But he lost with me the evangelical crap and the guns.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Gotta link?

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Gotta link?

No. This was revealed on the Showtime series All Access. Guerrero is an evangelical
and he got caught with a loaded gun at JFK airport and was arrested. The odds are he
faces a year in jail under New York gun laws.

Guns and religion. What a hoot. Here is to number 44.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Oh boy. Not a very surprising outcome, as usual. Canelo is supposed to be next. Let's see what Alvarez can do.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Oh boy. Not a very surprising outcome, as usual. Canelo is supposed to be next. Let's see what Alvarez can do.

It was much a do about nothing. I was able to listen to the fight live via the BBC.

It was clear by the 7th round that Guerrero was utterly outclassed. As a matter of fact
when the crowd began to boo around this time, the Brits said this amounted to a "giant
money making exercise".

Toward the middle of the bout, Floyd Mayweather Sr told Jr. that Guerrero was a "novice"
fighter and that he had no business being in the ring. Ouch!

I will say one thing for Guerrero..he gets the award of the decade for false bravado. I guess
God was not on his side lol.

One thing was clear. Mayweather is determined to fight his final 5 five fights against
opponents that can't hurt him. I like Alvarez but I think he is too slow and his defense
is not good enough against Money.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Canelo's defense is suspect relying on that granite chin of his. Very little head movement. Money will get behind and between his high guard perhaps even with lead rights. I am pretty certain that at the end of it all Money will have one heck of a sore midsection. I don't see his face getting hit much at all if he stays off the ropes.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Canelo's defense is suspect relying on that granite chin of his. Very little head movement. Money will get behind and between his high guard perhaps even with lead rights. I am pretty certain that at the end of it all Money will have one heck of a sore midsection. I don't see his face getting hit much at all if he stays off the ropes.

Canello has the world famous Mexican chin and bravado. He also does hit
hard as heck.

In the end you will have the hunter and the hunted. Mayweather will probably
pick him apart with movement and jabs.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
What sets Mayweather apart from the others is how he can adapt in the ring once the fight starts, most fighters cannot adjust their approach.
Only other very modern boxer who seemed to have that skill IMO was Joe Calzaghe who outclassed all his opponents by changing his approach throughout the fight.

Tbh I cannot see anyone beating Mayweather, for same reason Joe Calzaghe retired unbeaten (sadly though he only managed to get the great fights nearer the end of his own career).
Both are a rare boxer that can nullify an opponents strength (as an example a few times Calzaghe started the fight losing early rounds only to then outbox his opponent) on the fly and not just as part of the training strategy.

Cheers
Orb

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'd count Marquez as one of the great adapters. Not against Mayweather perhaps, who was simply too tall and long for him. Not to mention that Money didn't even bother to try and make the catchweight opting to just pay the fine.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
What sets Mayweather apart from the others is how he can adapt in the ring once the fight starts, most fighters cannot adjust their approach.
Only other very modern boxer who seemed to have that skill IMO was Joe Calzaghe who outclassed all his opponents by changing his approach throughout the fight.

Tbh I cannot see anyone beating Mayweather, for same reason Joe Calzaghe retired unbeaten (sadly though he only managed to get the great fights nearer the end of his own career).
Both are a rare boxer that can nullify an opponents strength (as an example a few times Calzaghe started the fight losing early rounds only to then outbox his opponent) on the fly and not just as part of the training strategy.

Cheers
Orb

What may beat Mayweather is age. Almost every fighter, including Sugar Ray Leonard, Duran, etc fought ONE too many fights.

His contract calls for 5 more fights I believe.

The man is a prodigy. His father brought him to the gym at age three, and he was hitting the speed bag
not long after. The guy is the Roger Federer of boxing at this point.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing