Delivery of Magico Q5

brianherlihy

Apr 21, 2010
New York
I took delivery of my Magico Q5's yesterday. Unfortunately, i am another four weeks (minimum) away from posting any first impressions as Magico beat my General Contractor on delivery dates.

i will post a full write up as soon as i move in (my contractor is now promising mid-August). i told Steve that i will try to post pictures of the renovation of my living/listening room. my GC and Rives Audio have come up with some creative ideas of how to make an irregular living room double as a decent listening room (or so i hope).

i have enlisted a piano mover to get the 400 lbs speakers up my 4 story walk up, someone on this site gave me the idea - so thanks.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Congratulations!! I think you'll be happy.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That would be me :)

Congratulations Brian, I'm sure they'll be great!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I took delivery of my Magico Q5's yesterday. Unfortunately, i am another four weeks (minimum) away from posting any first impressions as Magico beat my General Contractor on delivery dates.

i will post a full write up as soon as i move in (my contractor is now promising mid-August). i told Steve that i will try to post pictures of the renovation of my living/listening room. my GC and Rives Audio have come up with some creative ideas of how to make an irregular living room double as a decent listening room (or so i hope).

i have enlisted a piano mover to get the 400 lbs speakers up my 4 story walk up, someone on this site gave me the idea - so thanks.

That's great and sure they will bring many hours of listening bliss!

Would love to hear them once the summer passes and they break in!!!

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Congratulations on your acquisition of the Magico Q5 speakers. I had the pleasure of listening to a pair two days ago. The other components that made up the system were 47 lab flatfish cd transport, Berkeley dac, Spectral DMC 30SS line stage, and a pair of Spectral DMA 360 series 2 mono amps. To my ears the high frequencies really stood out. No matter what, the high frequencies were solid. The high frequencies never broke nor thinned out. I'm certain you will have very long listening sessions with these speakers.

brianherlihy

Apr 21, 2010
New York
Hi Guys, sorry for the long delay. i was over in Africa for a long trip only viewing pictures of the delivery from my wife. Of course (Murphy's law), i came home to a message from my contractor stating he is another three weeks late.

Finally, over the weekend, we moved into the apartment at a 98% completion stage. Today, we took delivery of all our furniture that has been in storage for almost a year and tonight will finally spend our first night back in our home after almost a year of renovations.

As i get time this weekend, i will start to posts pictures of the renovations, the listening area (room treatments) and finally the system.

Steve, you have definitely been a long part of this journey from the beginning. i remember when we just started discussing speaker options and appreciate all the good input you provided. the initial speakers i desired were the new Grand Utopia's. ironically, after a long series of demos, i ended up with speakers that i have never heard before (wasn't a total stab in the dark as my final choice was the M5, ultimately changing my decision to the Q5s during the order process).

Someone (previous page) asked how long i waited. I waited for approximately six months. However, i was able to jump the queue (no pun intended), as i was able to take the first delivery for Sound by Singer, which would have been designated for their store demos.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
so if you don't mind me asking, now that Sound by Singer is closed---how did that impact your Magico and sales experience?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing