Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Herzan/Table Stable "Active" Isolation table.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    I forgot to mention the bass and overall dynamics. All improved. In fact the bass is so dense, tight, extended that my deck sounds like tape save for the occasional pop, tick, crackle between songs.
    Christian

System Gear

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Could you elaborate on your statement that when the active isolation is disabled, the table functions like a Vibraplane? .
    Hi Peter..when the unit is turned on, it self adjusts height meaning level. The springs are 500 times stiffer than passive air, so the unit can perform as a passive device. When active is enabled, the peizo devices take over and respond to vibration in all 6 degrees of freedom. Explained better here.
    http://www.herzan.com/resources/tuto...s-passive.html
    Christian

System Gear

Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    I forgot to mention the bass and overall dynamics. All improved. In fact the bass is so dense, tight, extended that my deck sounds like tape save for the occasional pop, tick, crackle between songs.
    I kind of makes me wonder why the modern super tables don't incorporate this technology in their designs kind of like the way the Rockport used a modified TMC air isolation table as its base. There is no denying that proper isolation makes a huge difference to source components. Christian, are you getting a second one for your R2R?
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    What do these sell for, if you don't mind me asking Christian? Glad to hear you are able to observe a substantial difference.

Tom
    Expect close to $12k for my model
    Christian

System Gear

I kind of makes me wonder why the modern super tables don't incorporate this technology in their designs kind of like the way the Rockport used a modified TMC air isolation table as its base. There is no denying that proper isolation makes a huge difference to source components. Christian, are you getting a second one for your R2R?
    I just put 4 Ultra 5's under my RTR deck...no chump change there. I still need to get more time in, but this thing has transformed the performance of my spinner in a very significant way.

I can only imagine what they could do for source components like the phono stage, main Pre, amps, tape decks, cd, d/a. The possibilities are endless....only pocket book limited...
    Christian

System Gear

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    I kind of makes me wonder why the modern super tables don't incorporate this technology in their designs kind of like the way the Rockport used a modified TMC air isolation table as its base. There is no denying that proper isolation makes a huge difference to source components.
    exactly.

just follow pure science. labs used air suspension in the 90's. magnetic levetation was also used. both are passive approaches.

now the most advanced labs use this.

of course; when you do manufacturing multiples for margin retention for $12k pieces that gets expensive quickly.

this would add at least $20k-$30k to the value of the end product....even if they got a break on it.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Expect close to $12k for my model
    It should be perfect for the Forsell, that has a very crude suspension. Any one looking for a mint SME30/2 and V tonearm?

[WBF Founding Member] vinylphilemag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    It should be perfect for the Forsell, that has a very crude suspension. Any one looking for a mint SME30/2 and V tonearm?
    Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately!), I don't have anywhere near the requisite $12K to try the TS-140 under my Forsell...
    Rich Teer, Publisher
    Vinylphile Magazine

www.vinylphilemag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    congrats Christian!!!

glad you are enjoying the TS-140. i look forward to more feedback about it. i'll be joining you shortly.
    It's all your fault.....
    Christian

System Gear

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    It's all your fault.....
    Very nice. Timely thread. I have been toying with what isolation base/rack to buy for my system. I find myself researching this topic almost as much as any part of my system. Looking at some of the highly priced rack systems like HRS, etc, actually made me think along your lines, using a scientific isolation base for most of my system. The frame actually is secondary when using your approach.

I found the following:

http://www.minusk.com/content/produc...isolators.html

It is a passive isolation base and cheaper as well by a large margin. I do not mean to imply that this is a better product for the money, but for a system in general if one is looking for "amp stands", etc, compared to the price of an HRS isolation base or 4 Stillpoint Ultra 5s you can get one of these for the same money which I would presume, based on their published stats isolates better than the other two by a significant margin. I was thinking of experimenting with one for my DAC

Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast