Page 1 of 77 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Herzan/Table Stable "Active" Isolation table.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar

Herzan/Table Stable "Active" Isolation table.

I just put the order in and should receive the TS-140 model by next Monday. I thought I would start my own thread for active isolation devices. Herzan's partner in Japan has an interesting publication regarding isolation for the audio community. I have attached the pdf.

http://www.herzan.com/products/activ...ts-series.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Christian, that data sheet seems to be about air-isolation devices like the Vibraplane, if I understand it correctly. The active TS unit you just ordered uses a different technology. Congratulations on placing the order. I'm most interested to read about your results.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Christian, that data sheet seems to be about air-isolation devices like the Vibraplane, if I understand it correctly. The active TS unit you just ordered uses a different technology. Congratulations on placing the order. I'm most interested to read about your results.
    I know that. I just thought it would provide more food for application thought for those still considering passive and active isolation tables. I have nothing to lose. I can a/b compare at a touch of a switch for passive or active isolation. When the active is disabled, the table still performs as a passive isolation device via the stiff springs. If there isn't an audible improvement, it can be returned for full refund minus shipping.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    I just put the order in and should receive the TS-140 model by next Monday. I thought I would start my own thread for active isolation devices. Herzan's partner in Japan has an interesting publication regarding isolation for the audio community. I have attached the pdf.

http://www.herzan.com/products/activ...ts-series.html
    congrats Christian, on pulling the trigger. i hope it does bring clear sonic improvements and it turns out to be able to justify it's cost in terms of system performance. i have no doubt on the TS-140's performance, the only question is what sonic result that performance will result in in your specific system application.

as soon as the sale of my ATR-102 is complete, i'll be going down the exact same path as i mentioned before. i will be paying close attention to your experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    congrats Christian, on pulling the trigger. i hope it does bring clear sonic improvements and it turns out to be able to justify it's cost in terms of system performance. i have no doubt on the TS-140's performance, the only question is what sonic result that performance will result in in your specific system application.

as soon as the sale of my ATR-102 is complete, i'll be going down the exact same path as i mentioned before. i will be paying close attention to your experiences.
    Thank you for bringing active versus passive solutions to my attention. Wouldn't it be nice to have these things under all major components...

So my TS 140 arrived today and I have listened to an Orchestral piece so far. To say the change is nothing short of dramatic would be an understatement. The improvement in clarity, transparency is stunning. The soundstage has widened and deepened considerably. With active isolation disabled, the table functions as a passive device like a vibraplane. The improvement was apparent is passive mode. Active brings it to a new level. I will share more impressions as I get time with it. My intial thought...this baby isn't going anywhere (meaning a return). Here's a couple shots from the iphone.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

What do these sell for, if you don't mind me asking Christian? Glad to hear you are able to observe a substantial difference.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Thank you for bringing active versus passive solutions to my attention. Wouldn't it be nice to have these things under all major components...
    So my TS 140 arrived today and I have listened to an Orchestral piece so far. To say the change is nothing short of dramatic would be an understatement. The improvement in clarity, transparency is stunning. The soundstage has widened and deepened considerably. With active isolation disabled, the table functions as a passive device like a vibraplane. The improvement was apparent is passive mode. Active brings it to a new level. I will share more impressions as I get time with it. My intial thought...this baby isn't going anywhere (meaning a return). Here's a couple shots from the iphone.
    Oh, oh......I can see what's coming next! Big influx of cash into Herzan LLC from upstate NY.

Congratulations Christian. I look forward to reading more of your impressions. Could you elaborate on your statement that when the active isolation is disabled, the table functions like a Vibraplane? Does it have air isolation chambers in it? I thought it has mechanical dampeners with sensors that react in close to real time to any detected resonances. When those sensors are disabled, what mechanism serves to isolate the platform/top? I can think of only passive springs which are not like air bladders.

In the Vibraplane case, there are air reserve tanks which supply air to the main bladders when they change in pressure due to vibrations. It is passive in the sense that there is no power connection, but air get replaced automatically from the compressor as soon as it is called for. I don't doubt that in active mode, the TS 140 offers isolation with a lower resonant frequency than the Vibraplane and it is therefor more effective. Thanks.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    congrats Christian!!!

glad you are enjoying the TS-140. i look forward to more feedback about it. i'll be joining you shortly.

Page 1 of 77 123456789101151 ... LastLast