Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1020

Thread: Herzan/Table Stable "Active" Isolation table.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    if music is playing, it reads that sound as protected content; and won't allow open distribution. same way phone apps can figure out which CD it is.
    so you can't see it either ?
    Christian

System Gear

Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    so you can't see it either ?
    well I am having a little lesson in youtube today, Hendrix astro man is copyrighted...
    Christian

System Gear

Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    well I am having a little lesson in youtube today, Hendrix astro man is copyrighted...
    Do you have a Grateful Dead bootleg album? That shouldn't be detected!
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Basis 2200 Signature with Calibration Base, Vector 4 Tonearm, Lyra Etna SL; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC, Oppo BDP-105;

Quote Originally Posted by dminches View Post
    Do you have a Grateful Dead bootleg album? That shouldn't be detected!
    I will have to watch that copyright stuff. I could play some old classical 1958-1961 where there is no more copyright.
    That was an obscure cut of the song from Hendrix's recent 8 record box set pressed at Quality Records.
    Christian

System Gear

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    Hi Taiko,

Just following instructions !

david
    Ah yes I see where that went wrong! It should read this:
    "Isolation is of course not equivalent to damping. You would call the tablestable a damping device, but it isn't, it is dissipating vibrational energy by producing a counter force."

Now this is in fact out of context as a single statement, as the isolation the tablestable provides is by means of A) destructive interference that cancels-out incoming vibrations for lower frequencies, the active isolation, but it also provides passive isolation by means of (spring) damping. If you disable the active isolation it would be a strictly passive isolating device by a mass/spring damping principle.

The corrected sentence above strictly applies to the active isolation mechanism of the tablestable.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiko Audio View Post
    Ah yes I see where that went wrong! It should read this:
    "Isolation is of course not equivalent to damping. You would call the tablestable a damping device, but it isn't, it is dissipating vibrational energy by producing a counter force."

Now this is in fact out of context as a single statement, as the isolation the tablestable provides is by means of A) destructive interference that cancels-out incoming vibrations for lower frequencies, the active isolation, but it also provides passive isolation by means of (spring) damping. If you disable the active isolation it would be a strictly passive isolating device by a mass/spring damping principle.

The corrected sentence above strictly applies to the active isolation mechanism of the tablestable.
    Ok . So the active part is reacting to vibrations it senses from the top plate?

david
    Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformers, Pheonix Engineering.
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.

System 1: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 1
    System 2: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 2- Near field setup

Hereís another vid. Used Shure MV88 into iPhone. Letís see if the central scrutinizer busts me for this 1960 classical content.
    https://youtu.be/_KlMAjdYp9A
    Christian

System Gear

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    Ok . So the active part is reacting to vibrations it senses from the top plate?

david
    Most of the electronics including sensors are attached to the topplate but my understanding is there are also sensors mounted in the bottom structure.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiko Audio View Post
    (...) Now this is in fact out of context as a single statement, as the isolation the tablestable provides is by means of A) destructive interference that cancels-out incoming vibrations for lower frequencies, the active isolation, but it also provides passive isolation by means of (spring) damping. If you disable the active isolation it would be a strictly passive isolating device by a mass/spring damping principle.

Although this mechanism can be used in some noise cancelling devices - they have a sensor outside the isolated volume and drive this volume with an out of phase signal created from the signal generated by this sensor, I am not sure that a similar technique is used in laboratory active tables - I had got the idea that the system is much more sophisticated than just destructive interference, particularly because the fixed part of the table is not an inertial reference. Do you know if there are any sensors in the upper part of the table?

The best AFM (atomic force microscope) tables combine passive pneumatic and active piezoelectric - but surely at a much higher price!
    Under construction around the DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack and a pair of Wilson XLF's : Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 2SE, cj GAT + Lamm M1.2 ref, TA OPUS MM2 +TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables and CenterStage footers ...

Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Although this mechanism can be used in some noise cancelling devices - they have a sensor outside the isolated volume and drive this volume with an out of phase signal created from the signal generated by this sensor, I am not sure that a similar technique is used in laboratory active tables - I had got the idea that the system is much more sophisticated than just destructive interference, particularly because the fixed part of the table is not an inertial reference. Do you know if there are any sensors in the upper part of the table?

The best AFM (atomic force microscope) tables combine passive pneumatic and active piezoelectric - but surely at a much higher price!
    Ok, I'll admit to having disassembled a TS-150 in a very early stage, out of curiosity, which is something nobody should do as I ended up having to return it to the factory for recalibration Without specifically focusing on this particular subject, I was more interested in the motor assemblies at that time, I did count at least 12 sensors, it's quite possible there are more, they are located on both the top plate and bottom structure. Which sensor serves which function I do not know and did not investigate.

Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102