The Details

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Lately it seems that the movies I have seen either in the theaters or by way of DVD have been so preposterous in plot that they were enjoyable to watch based on the story presentation. The two most recent were The Call and Olympus Has Fallen

Well last night I found another while looking for something to rent on OnDemand. Along comes The Details and I do vaguely remember seeing the trailer in theaters. Suffice it to say that if it was indeed in theaters, I would say that if you blinked you missed it ;)

This film is not long at 105 minutes and has a decent cast with Tobey Maguire in the lead playing a yuppie obgyn in the Seattle area. Also are Ray Liotta, Laura Linney and the very beautiful Elizabeth Banks

Suffice it to say this is black humor at the very best. This film will have you smiling and shaking your heads. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse for this poor guy , it does, and does again, and does again and again.

This film involves black humor, sex, extortion, infidelity and finally murder

Is it a blockbuster......no

Is it worth watching....definitely.

Here's the trailer

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
Thanks Steve, I'll give it a try. IMdb users average score is only a 6/10 and Rotten Tomatoes bombed it:( But the IMdb staff scored it a 7/10.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The biggest thing to get by (other than the plot and very dark humor) is trying to think of Tobey Maguire as an adult (it's worse than Leonardo and BTW both are in the soon to be released The Great Gatsby).

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Toby must like playing obs and gobs docs. He was an amateur obstetrician in training in "The Ciderhouse Rules."

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing