Any suggestions on how to sell a modest watch collection?

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Any suggestions welcome.

I going to sell my father's watch collection. There is nothing super rare or extraordinary,
but there are some nice Rado, Rolex, Piaget etc pieces.

Where can I get a fair price for the whole collection?:)

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Any suggestions welcome.

I going to sell my father's watch collection. There is nothing super rare or extraordinary,

See what the same watch models are going for on eBay.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Any suggestions welcome.

Just as there is WBF...there are several very good watch sites. I am sure if you asked there, they can point you to the equivalent of Audiogon for watches...or given today's posts about Audiogon...the equivalent website. I spent a lot of time on one yrs ago when i was looking for a good watch...have since forgotten about the name of the site. i am sure others here probably would know better.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Cool. It is a deal! I will send you a pay pal request!;)

This is a binding contract with consideration. Offer and acceptance. In writing with witnesses.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Just as there is WBF...there are several very good watch sites. I am sure if you asked there, they can point you to the equivalent of Audiogon for watches...or given today's posts about Audiogon...the equivalent website. I spent a lot of time on one yrs ago when i was looking for a good watch...have since forgotten about the name of the site. i am sure others here probably would know better.

Thank you sir!

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Unfortunately, you accepted the offer. You should have countered with 10,000. I'll see you both in court.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
You do know old Bill's statement about first killing the lawyers was made in jest, right?

In the meantime, on to more important matters: VISA, check, or cash? I have my $10 all ready to go... :)

Actually, I DON"T think ol' Bill was kidding!

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
I'll see you both in court.

I also plan to sue because the deal is unfair. I would have countered with $11, but all that happened before I came online. If I owned a decent watch, maybe I would have been around. It should be obvious that I am underprivileged, and that I have been clearly discriminated against because of my personal circumstances regarding time.

I plan to retain Whart as my attorney, so you guys are definitely screwed.

Andre, If you want to settle, send the watches to me for free. That will avoid a possible class action by all the other people who weren't online at the time.

Peter, you can just send me the $10.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I also plan to sue because the deal is unfair. I would have countered with $11, but all that happened before I came online. If I owned a decent watch, maybe I would have been around. It should be obvious that I am underprivileged, and that I have been clearly discriminated against because of my personal circumstances regarding time.

I plan to retain Whart as my attorney, so you guys are definitely screwed.

Andre, If you want to settle, send the watches to me for free. That will avoid a possible class action by all the other people who weren't online at the time.

Peter, you can just send me the $10.

what you guys all missed is that the $10 was to just cover shipping.:D:D:D:D

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Why not try here as well? get a ball-park number at eBay. (not sure if selling them as a lot will help you to maximize a deal)

leongill

Sep 19, 2016
Write a concise listing that covers the basic specs of the watch (including model number) and some history. Note the specs because often watches come in models that vary slightly from one another, such as a 39mm and a 41mm option. The qualitative, anecdotal history of your watch helps paint a picture of its condition in the buyer’s mind.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing