Cat jl-2 mk 3 ?

4music

Apr 15, 2013
Just noticed a new JL2 model MK3 (?) specification from the Cicago show. Anybody has info on what has changed from MK II ?

stargate

Apr 27, 2011
yardley, pa.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The JL2 mark 3 uses the same driver stage we first used in The Statement amplifier.
We put this driver stage into the new JL5 amplifier, and we were shocked that the JL5 was in many ways better than the JL2 Mk2!
Of course we couldn't allow that to happen. So we put that stage into the JL2 amplifier to restore its rank in our product line.
The new mark three amplifier is cleaner livelier more dynamic more linear top to bottom, and now handily better than the JL5.
Picture though, that the new JL5 is actually better than the previous JL2! I'm VERY excited about that product!
Ken

stargate

Apr 27, 2011
yardley, pa.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The JL2 mark 3 uses the same driver stage we first used in The Statement amplifier.
We put this driver stage into the new JL5 amplifier, and we were shocked that the JL5 was in many ways better than the JL2 Mk2!
Of course we couldn't allow that to happen. So we put that stage into the JL2 amplifier to restore its rank in our product line.
The new mark three amplifier is cleaner livelier more dynamic more linear top to bottom, and now handily better than the JL5.
Picture though, that the new JL5 is actually better than the previous JL2! I'm VERY excited about that product!
Ken

Just a add on about the Cat jl2--mk-3 to 4music--I e-mail your concern to Ken Stevens about your question in hand-- and I stated to ken that I will post his response to your question--hope that help..

Cheers
Bobby,b

4music

Apr 15, 2013
Just a add on about the Cat jl2--mk-3 to 4music--I e-mail your concern to Ken Stevens about your question in hand-- and I stated to ken that I will post his response to your question--hope that help..

Cheers
Bobby,b

Many Thanks!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing