New Place to Sell Your Gear Online: PFO Exchange

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I keep seeing all of these ARC VA115 amps selling for $4K+ and a dealer on the subject site has one for over $5K. I couldn't get $2700 for mine and it was mint.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I keep seeing all of these ARC VA115 amps selling for $4K+ and a dealer on the subject site has one for over $5K. I couldn't get $2700 for mine and it was mint.

They knew it was YOU selling it...and low balled you. :D:cool:

All kidding aside, I am surprised.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
If they expect to be anything they will need to spend some VERY serious money on marketing and advertising all over the internet and in every audio magazine that is currently published - and for a very long term.

I, for one, would love somebody to bury audiogon who has transformed themselves for an incredibly flexible and user friendly tool to an incompetent adversary - but for the moment - the only game in town.

I wish this new endeavor well

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
If they expect to be anything they will need to spend some VERY serious money on marketing and advertising all over the internet and in every audio magazine that is currently published - and for a very long term.

I, for one, would love somebody to bury audiogon who has transformed themselves for an incredibly flexible and user friendly tool to an incompetent adversary - but for the moment - the only game in town.

Agree totally. The folks at PFO have been working on this project for some time. They will very much appreciate your good wishes.:cool:

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
They knew it was YOU selling it...and low balled you. :D:cool:

All kidding aside, I am surprised.

I know you are kidding because I am a long time member selling at both Ebay and Audiogon and my feedback at both place is 100% perfect. That doesn't happen by accident and people know they can trust me.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I know you are kidding because I am a long time member selling at both Ebay and Audiogon and my feedback at both place is 100% perfect. That doesn't happen by accident and people know they can trust me.

To tell you the truth, I would have considered buying the amp if I needed the power. I'm having a bit of a love affair
with lower powered tube amps right now.

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010

I disagree. They have a huge built in readership already. I think given a bit of time, this should be the site to visit.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Buy and Sell gear..goodbye Audiogon!:)

https://exchange.positive-feedback.com/

Feedback for the development team. A feature I always found sorely missing on audiogon is ability to create an agent that sends alerts if a certain item you are looking for shows up. For arguments sake let's say I am waiting for "stillpoints" to show up. I should be able to create an "stillpoints" alers agent that notifies me when someone lists this item.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Buy and Sell gear..goodbye Audiogon!:)

https://exchange.positive-feedback.com/

I think this is a great start. You will need to generate traffic, so owner systems is recommended. Also, consider ordering the links on the right by importance, not alphabetical order (minimize scrolling). There is clearly a lot of work to be done, but you seem to be in the right direction. Audiogon has outlived its usefulness and is now an impediment.

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Site glitch

Andre,
I have tried many time to register on the PFO Exchange. Fill in the info. / click register / Circle whirls & all the info. disappears / try again & again ??? / I always click agree to terms [I even read them - please add an area where PFO takes your first, second, & third born].

I think there is a site glitch.
zz

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Andre,
I have tried many time to register on the PFO Exchange. Fill in the info. / click register / Circle whirls & all the info. disappears / try again & again ??? / I always click agree to terms [I even read them - please add an area where PFO takes your first, second, & third born].

I think there is a site glitch.
zz

Sorry to hear!

I would use the contact page to alert the admin to the problem. I don't have any technical affiliation with the site.

https://exchange.positive-feedback.com/contactus

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing