John Tverdik, Operations Manager, Stillpoints: Introducing Myself from Burnsville, MN

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Hi Everyone,

I'm John Tverdik, aka 'allvinyl'. Steve graciously reminded me of the introduction protocol so here I am! I was an IT guy(UNIX, storage admin) for many years. For the last 2 years, I've been making the drive to Hudson, WI as the operations manager at Stillpoints. Aside from taking care of the office computing needs, I work with the dealer/distributor network, do a good portion of the shipping, answer questions on the phone and contribute in forums like this, and pitch in where needed for packaging and such. Paul Wakeen, Stillpoints owner, and I have been friends since '87 when I moved here from Chicago to work for Cray Research. Like many of you, I'm sure, one of the first things I do when in a new town is look up the record and audio shops in the area and pay a visit before the boxes are even unpacked. So it went and I ended up at The House of High Fidelity on Snelling in St. Paul, Paul's brick-and-mortar shop til around '95 when he closed it up and went off to work on Aurios. Ask my family, I spent a lot of time there... even working weekends to help when guys wanted time off. During college at Ball State I had worked at 3 different local area audio shops. So I guess that's about it for a quick intro. You can reach me at either 'john@stillpoints.us' or 'info@stillpoints.us'. I'm not sure how much time I will be able to spend out here but I'll do my best...

Best Regards,
John

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
John,

thanks for joining...i admit to have been part of the fuel here that started quite a thread about your products. I have enjoyed using them and now own Ultra 5s for my speakers and sub, as well as one for preamp and LPI for Transport. Thanks for clarifying questions about the products and how they were designed to be used...very helpful. Even though listening is the best test, its still a reassuring thing to get the direct advice from the manufacturer. So thanks again for your time.
Meanwhile, hope you get to enjoy other threads on all things high end, particularly audio of course.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing