project... power amplifier

jonstanza

Apr 9, 2013
Lisbon PT
Dear sirs

this is my first thread

The question is a personal project, which personal and professional knowledge I decided to build an power amplifier (solid state) that has lasted eight years your development.

With the help of software Auto-CAD in conjunction with our imagination is possible to create a housing with a personal designer.

The design contains original circuits and proprietary parts. The power supply and amplifiers stages are separated by a solid aluminum divider wall.
Contains two master power supplies, one is dedicated to voltage gain stages the other is used for the output stage.
The power supply unit to output stage is equipped with one 1000VA- toroidal transformer, ( mounted on a constrained neoprene floating suspension system ) with a total capacity of nearly 88000 microfarad and high speed rectifiers.
The output stage consists of powered L-mosfet output amplifiers, giving suggestion of its actual 120-watt-per-channel (@8ohm) output specification or 200-watt-per-channel (@4ohm).

The supporting foot are stainless steel. 3 foot is used at strategic points to reduce the resonance.

I enclose photos. then inform details of the power amp circuit and power supply

note: my English is somewhat bad, there may be some errors. I'm sorry.
jon

jonstanza

Apr 9, 2013
Lisbon PT
Hi

Attached the first photos (developing the boards in Altium Designer).

Board (power voltage gain) and system control

Voltage amplifier and output stage

With the help of software Auto-CAD in conjunction with our imagination is possible to create a housing with a personal designer.

structure of the general plan

Rear panel

design mechanical (support for the capacitors nichicon gold tune), four unit

Cheers
jon

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wow! Good luck and fortunes to you Jon. I remember reading when Herve was featured in Stereophile as a DIYer. See how far he's come. Who knows? You might be next!

jonstanza

Apr 9, 2013
Lisbon PT
Wow! Good luck and fortunes to you Jon. I remember reading when Herve was featured in Stereophile as a DIYer. See how far he's come. Who knows? You might be next!

thanks JackD201
Here in Portugal resources are few, but I'll try to do my best

jon

jonstanza

Apr 9, 2013
Lisbon PT
Nicely done. Are you simulating the design or are going by an existing one and focusing on layout, power supply and such?

The project is 100% mine. I was technical maintenance of broadcast video, but the audio has always been my passion. Then I launch this project in prototype

jon

jonstanza

Apr 9, 2013
Lisbon PT
continuation ...

The 1000VA transformer "power supply" is modified (fixation) with this resin.

mounting board of the voltage amplifier (one channel)

output power transistor and power supply for voltage amplifier. It is possible to see one of the channels already mounted without heatsink

Ceramic insulation

mechanical test between the board and the heatsink

temperature sensor Airpax 67F090 and output power transistor

circuit detection DC and overload (are isolated "optical" from the system control)

system control

power supply for voltage amplifier

Final assembly of a channel

mechanical parts made ??by a company related to aerospace industry

board power supply to output transistor (exicon)

ps: All boards is Industrial spec. double-sided up to 105um copper printed circuit boards

Cheers
jon

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Very clean design and fabrications! You must be a detail oriented person :). What is this costing you so far?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Jon. Have you had a chance yet to listen to it and see if all of your hard work paid off?

Tom

jonstanza

Apr 9, 2013
Lisbon PT
Your English is fine. I was asking how much money you spend on parts for this amplifier.

now I understood your question.
much .... much money, and when it comes to a prototype is more expensive development. could go more ahead, but it is not easy for those who are alone in this project without financial support from anyone.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This and the DIY 800D should be stickies. Talk about raising the bar.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Jon - I liked and enjoyed your pictures, your amps look promising to say the least, based on the manufacturing process and parts involved. parabiens!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing