Apr 17, 2016
Tang,you are too strong
We are waiting after break in report VS Opus 1

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Yes, indeed.

Will take quite a while. I have Opus1 for about a year now. I started to hear the best of Opus1 at maximum resolution after five months. It sure took its time get to top form. Peter you know your Sig Gold also took a lot of time to get to top form. I believe the Platinum will follow suit. Dont want to make any call unless it is at its peak.

Tang

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Will take quite a while. I have Opus1 for about a year now. I started to hear the best of Opus1 at maximum resolution after five months. It sure took its time get to top form. Peter you know your Sig Gold also took a lot of time to get to top form. I believe the Platinum will follow suit. Dont want to make any call unless it is at its peak.

Tang

Yes, of course. My Sig. Gold took over 100 hours and then I started playing with loading and fine tuning set up again. It is a great cartridge, and I can only imagine what the Sig Plat and Opus 1 sound like. Congratulations.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
So the ZYX UNIverse Premium which, according to Sora Sound, has an output of "0.24mV (H = 0.48mV) (3.54cm/sec., 1kHz)" has an output of how many mV on the 5cm/sec standard?

To which standard are the .3mV output Koetsu cartridges referenced?

As far as I can tell the Koetsu .3mV is referenced at 5cm/s. So at 3.54cm/s the output is less than .3mV.

So the output of a Coralstone is no higher than the output of the ZYX UNIverse Premium. Is this correct?

srmusic

Nov 27, 2017
New Zealand
Hi Ron, my understanding is that the Japanese companies more commonly use the @3.54cm/s measurement method but often don't state this.
My suggestion would be to take it on a case by case basis and contact each particular manufacturer you are interested in for clarification.
As I stated in my earlier post if the output is confirmed as being measured @3.54cm/s then multiply it by 1.41 to get the @5cm/s output.

sefischer1

Aug 10, 2018
Southern California
Using multiple cartridges made easier...

Thanks John. You know you are always welcome to visit. These are the times I wish SME made a table big enough to support multiple arms.

PeterA, The VPI base with multiple arm tubes is a great solution. You can have multiple arm tubes, preset for alignment and balance, that can be lifted on and off. The only potential adjustments needed are: arm pillar and cueing height.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing