Audio Research Ref-10 Preamp

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I had the opportunity to finally hear one of these in a system I am very familiar with.
The resolving power, space, ambient retrieval and the top to bottom transparency with coherence is just amazing.
If you get a chance this is a must listen

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
He is Keith and a very good one at that one who recently was one of the few who helped HarryP launch his new site. Elliot is indeed a member here but due to change in ISP he changed his username. As we speak I have been attempting to merge the two usernames and posts

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
are you an ARC salesman?
I work for a dealer and have in fact sold the product for about 40 years.
After saying it the REF 10 is still the bomb!!!

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
How much does the "bomb" cost?

Steve Williams

I had the opportunity to finally hear one of these in a system I am very familiar with.
The resolving power, space, ambient retrieval and the top to bottom transparency with coherence is just amazing.
If you get a chance this is a must listen

I have always loved ARC preamps starting with my first, the Ref2 Mk ll

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
For $30K, it better sound like "the bomb."

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
the Ref 40 followed by the 5 SE and now the REF 10 are a departure

As far as I could see the REF10 is just a REF40 with different output capacitors, different wiring, a new remote and a completely different user interface using an wonderful touch screen. As the Teflon capacitors of my REF40 are much bigger than those of the REF10 I will stay with the REF40 and a fantastic electroluminescent touchscreen ONEFORALL Kamaleon 6! ;)

Steve Williams

As far as I could see the REF10 is just a REF40 with different output capacitors, different wiring, a new remote and a completely different user interface using an wonderful touch screen. As the Teflon capacitors of my REF40 are much bigger than those of the REF10 I will stay with the REF40 and a fantastic electroluminescent touchscreen ONEFORALL Kamaleon 6! ;)

Plus your REF40 has dual power supplies

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
my mistake. I thought the Anniversary Edition had Dual PS

It has. Both have a dual PS, bu they share the same box and power cable - nothing else. Can you guess who is who?

Attachments

• aa1.jpg
    aa1.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 697

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Ref 10 on the right?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing