Listening impression Auralic Vega

tiff_needle

May 10, 2012
Any WBF readers out there with a Vega @ home?

I'd like to know your impressions as well.

There are a lot of reviews now of the vega over the web but I would like to know first hand experiences with the vega and its performance against other more "high-endish" DACs such as EMM Labs MA-1, DCS debussy, PD MPD-3 and so on...

I've read several reviews comparing it to its direct rivals (in terms of price) but would really like to know how does the Vega stand against other well renowned DACS.

tiff_needle

May 10, 2012
No one ?

Seems like VEGA might lack some pedigree for most of WBF crowd.

I was hoping some of the more expert members had tried the vega up against other big name dacs...

Mytek had a shoot-out @ WBF... Let's hope for some user experience sharing...

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
I have been listening to the Auralic Vega DAC since mid October on a range of music thru my Mac Book Pro, using Audiovana. The unit has performed flawlessly, and sounds very good. Soundstage is excellent in depth, very good in width. Very quiet, excellent midrange and top end. Very nice on acoustics vocals great. Rock and electronic music sound very good- bass low and detailed but maybe a little lacking on slam. Detailed but not to the point of taking away from the music- sounds very natural. Decay of cymbals is very good, but not as good as vinyl issues on the VPI Classic- obviously my opinion to preference here. (The shimmer is more distinct and decay is more noticeable) Caveat- I have not listened to any DSD. Kinda of waiting for something I really like to download- any suggestions out there would be appreciated.
The different modes do help to tame some hot recordings when needed. I like this for those recordings where the music is great- production not so much.
I've had some really long listening sessions with the Vega only- no vinyl- and it has been great. For me, a keeper. Anyone else out there on the WTB forum with a unit? Thoughts?

Worldcat

May 30, 2012
I would like to know how it stacked up to some heavier hitters like MSB Analog, Totaldac d-1, Lampi L4, L5 or big 6!

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Any WBF readers out there with a Vega @ home?

I'd like to know your impressions as well.

There are a lot of reviews now of the vega over the web but I would like to know first hand experiences with the vega and its performance against other more "high-endish" DACs such as EMM Labs MA-1, DCS debussy, PD MPD-3 and so on...

I've read several reviews comparing it to its direct rivals (in terms of price) but would really like to know how does the Vega stand against other well renowned DACS.

I won't say how it compares with our DAC, but I will tell you I preferred the Mytek to it. I found the Mytek to be a bit more alive.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing