Tidal Agoria

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Do you still have these speakers? What are your long-term listening impressions? TIDAL makes what are to my eyes, the most beautiful
speakers in the world and I have been spending alot of time lately obsessing over potentially adding a pair of Agoria or Sunray to my system
in the future.

Has anyone been able to obtain the true frequency specs (-3db point would be good enough) and sensitivity for Agoria, Sunray G2 and Akira?

Tidal, Gauder and several other manufacturers don't like to release them stating their position that the industry is fraught with rigged and unreliable specs (a true statement).

That notwithstanding,...it's difficult chasing this, the Agoria, Sunray or any other speaker without knowing what it's truly capable of. Listening
will be the most important test, however, getting started knowing they can render all the freqs for the material I listen to (from pipe organ thru
classical, jazz, rock, prog-rock, electronica, etc...) is a necessary mental hurdle....any help would be appreciated!

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Do you still have these speakers? What are your long-term listening impressions? TIDAL makes what are to my eyes, the most beautiful
speakers in the world and I have been spending alot of time lately obsessing over potentially adding a pair of Agoria or Sunray to my system
in the future.

Has anyone been able to obtain the true frequency specs (-3db point would be good enough) and sensitivity for Agoria, Sunray G2 and Akira?

Tidal, Gauder and several other manufacturers don't like to release them stating their position that the industry is fraught with rigged and unreliable specs (a true statement).

That notwithstanding,...it's difficult chasing this, the Agoria, Sunray or any other speaker without knowing what it's truly capable of. Listening
will be the most important test, however, getting started knowing they can render all the freqs for the material I listen to (from pipe organ thru
classical, jazz, rock, prog-rock, electronica, etc...) is a necessary mental hurdle....any help would be appreciated!

See my suggestion to you in the Tidal Akira thread to contact Jorn of Tidal Audio.

And yes, the piano lacquer and wood veneer of the Tidal loudspeakers is absolutely stunning. The pyramided mahogany wood finish of my Tidal La Assoluta loydspeakers still amazes me; have not seen this kind of veneer quality from any other loudspeaker brand.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Wow! You have the La Assoluta....you are very fortunate! Thank you very much for your replies!

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Thanks again for the ideas on the other thread. I've been in contact with Jorn and his #1 advocate dealer here in the US and they simply are not putting out the specs, sensitivity or impedance curves even privately.

jonaiken

VIP/Donor
Jan 22, 2017
Washington, DC

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Looks great but where is the music? I listened it in Munich Show and for me there is no any music.
Sound is dry, hard, flat, no live, no saturance, too much analitical. But design super.
With all due respect, no reasonable audio type would ever make a judgement of any product at a show.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing